Modding Help All Jelly is 160g?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Arshness, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Arshness

Arshness Void-Bound Voyager

I don't know what's going on, but no matter what kind of fruit I put in the preserves jar, my jelly is 160g value. I tested with strawberries and salmonberries, and both came out 160g. Great for the salmonberries, terrible for the strawberries!
    Either there was a nerf I'm not aware of that totally ruins the strategy of jellies, or I have something changing that value in a bad way. My first thought was that I'm using Longevity mod, but I turned off everything except the tax portion, so I doubt that's it.
    These are my mods, if anyone has any idea why this would happen, I'd appreciate the tip!: [​IMG]
    https://gyazo.com/50ebe4034fe026cde4caeed1c4587623

• Arshness

I definitely confirm all jellies are 160g. I tried it with hotpepper and blueberry just to be sure, and yup. All the same. :c That means there is no strategy for jellies in my game at this point. I really hope someone can help me spot the issue. Any ideas?

• Iceifirex

Iceifirex Void-Bound Voyager

Hellooo.
        Have you checked the ObjectInformation.xnb file located in your Stardew Valley\Content\Data folder?
        That's normally where the game's item pricing is located. I might be wrong though, I'm fairly new to modding myself.
        You'll have to extract that .xnb file so you can edit the .YAML file contained inside it. Here's a program you can use to extract it: https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/beginners-guide-to-xnb-node-and-graphics-editing.110976/

The code is organised like so:

content: #!Dictionary<Int32,String>
        0: "Weeds/0/-1/Basic/Weeds/A bunch of obnoxious weeds." #!String
        2: "Stone/0/-300/Basic/Stone/A useful material when broken with the Pickaxe." #!String
        4: "Stone/0/-300/Basic/Stone/A useful material when chopped with the axe." #!String
        16: "Wild Horseradish/50/5/Basic -81/Wild Horseradish/A spicy root found in the spring." #!String
        18: "Daffodil/30/0/Basic -81/Daffodil/A traditional spring flower that makes a nice gift." #!String
        20: "Leek/60/16/Basic -81/Leek/A tasty relative of the onion." #!String
        22: "Dandelion/40/10/Basic -81/Dandelion/Not the prettiest flower, but the leaves make a good salad." #!String

Everything that I've highlighted in red is what the item is priced at. (I think that's right anyhow...)

I'm sorry if I got that wrong. I hope you find out the cause of your problems soon!

• Nishtra

Nishtra Big Damn Hero

@Iceifirex ObjectInformation contains only the base price for jelly (as well, as pickles, honey, wine and juice) which is 160g, that is modified when the game creates a new item. Plus SMAPI mods can influence game resources, and prices in particular, without affecting xnb files.

@Arshness I can only recommend to try removing all the mods (or at least those that have something to do with items and machines used to create items) and then restoring them one by one to find the responsible mod.

Iceifirex likes this.
          • Arshness

Thought I found it in Configurable machines, but no. Removing that didn't affect it. :c
            Not sure what other mod here affects machines or item prices! :c

• Arshness

@Nishtra The thing is, I can't think of which mods might actually have an effect on this. I don't know what file is affecting the modifiers for jelly prices. If I knew that, I might have a better idea which mod to try removing. Otherwise, this is going to be a huge headache and I may just deal with jellies being wrong. :c
              Which sucks. But, I don't want to remove mods one by one. A lot of the mods I have probably wouldn't let the game even start if I remove them.

But if I knew which file held that info, I could better investigate which mods to try.

• Nishtra

Nishtra Big Damn Hero

Personally I have used less than a half of the mods you have, so it's hard for me to say what's functions does each of them have.
                Everything I say now is pure theory and guessing.
                1) First off, unless there is Longevity (or a similar mod) running item's price is set at the moment of generation and won't change after that. So for testing purposes you can't use items already in your inventory. You need a keg ready for harvesting.
                2) Try to run the game without SMAPI to make sure it's a problem with one of the mods.
                Now for the problem itself.
                1) Most mods affecting item prices would include modified objectInformation.xnb, so try to search for and remove these mods.
                2) I know that Longevity changes prices on the run, so try removing it as well.
                3) Remove mods that in any way affect crafting machines.
                If that fixes the problem - restore removed mods one by one or in small groups, if not - sorry, I can't think of anything else.

PS You're using old versions of Did You Water Your Plants and Forage at the Farm. It's not critical, but the newer versions have some added functionality.

• Arshness

@Nishtra Thanks for the advice! I'll give it a try and report back!

• Cue57

Cue57 Intergalactic Tourist

Hi Arshness, I found this thread because I was having the same problem (only for me jelly was 224g because of profession bonuses). The problem is definitely the Out of Season Bonuses mod by azureglasses. The mod folder Seasonal_Items should be removed. After that you will have to wait until more jelly, pickles or wine is made to see the price difference. If you put the newly created correctly priced items into a container (chest or fridge) with the old items they will stack and the old price will be kept, so the best thing to do is to sell or trash the old stuff before you store your new stuff. What I did is dump all of the affected items I had stored into the trash and then temporarily installed CJB Item Spawner to spawn in the correctly priced versions of the items (after I had uninstalled Out of Season Bonus and tested jelly and wine prices). This was annoying but I had just made around 100 bottles of starfruit wine and casked most of them before I realized my prices were wrong. Anyway hope this helps.