Alien Wood Sap and Purple Stim Packs

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by spyroguy, Feb 26, 2016.

1. spyroguy

spyroguy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Back when the first Giraffe update was in Nightly builds, the developers added a crafting material called Alien Wood Sap. It's a palette swap of the Slime Blob.
    It looks like this: [​IMG]

This material was never implemented, and its data and graphic sit unused in the game's files.

I have thought of a really useful way this material could be added and used. First off, it would either drop from alien trees or be crafted from Alien Striped Wood at any furnace. It would be used as the main ingredient in Purple Stim Packs.

Purple Stim Packs would apply the Light status effect for 5 minutes. You know, this one: [​IMG]

I've always had a lot of fun messing around with low gravity, but there's nothing currently in the game that applies Light for more than a minute or so and isn't a food item. I figure if they can make an orange stim pack (This one, [​IMG], slated to be added in the Story Update) just for the Rage status effect, they can do something similar for Light. Besides, isn't low gravity fun?

Maybe the developers could add more uses for Alien Wood Sap in the future, but for now, I just want my low gravity.

Cen Silver likes this.
  2. jakecool19

jakecool19 Pangalactic Porcupine

Well your in luck, they've added a new Gravity augment that does the same thing as light only indefinitely as long as its enabled. Also I really like your idea of a purple stim.

3. spyroguy

spyroguy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I tried out the gravity augment in the Nightly builds. As of right now, it's not as effective as the Light status. Besides, they've added Damage augments that do the same thing as Rage, but they're still adding orange stims.