Alien Mothership

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by The Enderman, Mar 2, 2012.

?

Do you like the idea?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. The Enderman

The Enderman Phantasmal Quasar

There is obviously going to be some intelligent species in this game, so they will likely have a mothership to travel in space and take over planets, so why not make them attack you (and harvest your organs).

But the thing is you don't fight it with your character, you fight it in your SHIP. You would take control of your ship defence systems and stop the alien invaders. Of course if there are any NPC's that fight for you they will help you in little combat ships. Also the mothership would appear randomly (after you've reached a certain point in the game of course) similar to the Goblin Invasion in Terraria.

Your thoughts?

2. Marsgreekgod

Marsgreekgod Big Damn Hero

One: REALLY HARD TO READ THIS TEXT

two, ships are not npcs

Nothing wrong with the idea, but hard to read in the wrong place. quests might fit it better

3. The Enderman

The Enderman Phantasmal Quasar

Hmm, I can read it fine, but I'll change it. As for the different section issue, since it would be a boss and it's CONTOLED by NPC's I think it's ok, plus since it's a random event it couldn't really be a quest.

4. Madmarlon

Madmarlon Pangalactic Porcupine

Sounds great, but what I didn't get was, will they attack you on your planets?
    or will they attack you while you're on the star map?

5. pUREsTORM

pUREsTORM Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Maybe the mothership lands on whatever planet you're currently exploring and deploys its invasion force, similar to Terraria's goblin armies. You could then, within a certain amount of time, fight through the invaders to board the mothership, gather whatever loot you may find and kill the enemy commander/queen/whatever. If you run out of time, the mothership leaves, and you have to mop up the remains of the invasion force.

Madmarlon likes this.
  6. Madmarlon

Madmarlon Pangalactic Porcupine

Well that sound like a good idea!

7. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

aslong as they're not into probing :eek: