Alien monster taming and alien mounts

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by BadShaddy, Dec 9, 2013.

1. BadShaddy

BadShaddy Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hello,
    during my explorations I was thinking that the existence of non-aggressive aliens has a lot of potential in term of gameplay, especially when I found a house with a stable and inside a sort of alien buffalo.
    So I thought "why shouldn't we have the possibility to tame them and make them useful?".
    I have some ideas:
    1) The most obvious: tame certain non-aggressive aliens to saddle them and use them as mounts.
    There are aliens that could be mounted and it wouldn't be weird at all since exploring the surface can take some time on foot.
    2) Tame them to get fur/milk/food
    3) Tame them to use them as temporary pets, to help in fights or carry items.

I don't know if all of this is possible, but imho it wouldn't be bad :)

Hymir, lol991lew and DarkDragons like this.
  2. Gsop

Gsop Orbital Explorer

Taming is a planned feature, not sure if it's in yet, I think it's partially added. But the monsters will ONLY fight for you as far as I've heard, and you can only tame babies.

3. BadShaddy

Yes with the latest patch they introduced some sort of taming, but I think this can be expanded to different kind of features for those who like exploration, those who want to settle down on a specific planet and those who simply need a companion for a boss fight!

4. Ameno-Sagiri

Ameno-Sagiri Scruffy Nerf-Herder

They have many features planned for taming. They told us about it in a dev log months ago. They only added basic features for it at the moment, they'll probably be adding in what you're looking for eventually.

5. iceman152015

iceman152015 Yeah, You!

Soo does anyone know how it works?

6. RaccoonieBoy

RaccoonieBoy Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah, How do i tame the bloody things!

7. BadShaddy

I read somewhere you have to build a monster staming station and then you can build a sort of capture pod to capture baby monsters.
    But you have to reduce their health before capture them, that's what I know so far.

8. Nojical

Nojical Intergalactic Tourist

...so, like Pokemon or something?

9. BadShaddy

Exactly like pseudo-pokemon, yeah :)