1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

AJOR secrets in the NIGHTLY game sprites. (final boss and dungeon sprites, cryptic achievements add)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by YourAreAnPerson, May 13, 2016.

1. YourAreAnPerson

YourAreAnPerson Poptop Tamer

basically there's stuff relating to what looks like a new final boss and a dungeon for it as well as other secrets. THESE MIGHT HAVE ALLREADY BEEN FOUND!

In this link there are 5 photos. http://imgur.com/a/QKJEg
    the first one is named "bosstentacle" and looks like it would be part of the fighting boss.
    the second is called "litorgans" is seems like the boss will have several organs which you might have to destroy to kill it.
    the third is named "right organs" and looks like the boss would be split into multiple parts you would have to fight.
    the fourth is called "bossdoor" which would be the door to the boss.
    the final one is the most interesting. is is called "bossrightspawner". this is what makes me think the boss will be split into multiple pieces. when comparing these to other sprites found in the same folder these ones are MUCH bigger than them.

you might ask what about where this boss spawns. in the files there are pictures for thinsg like ancientflametrap and annientcrystaltrap. I've uploaded them to imgur for you to see here; http://imgur.com/a/kmM7A. all of them look like they are part of the ancient temple place where all the holograms of the tentacle monster are. this makes me thing when we open the door at the temple we will be transported to a ancient dungeon to fight this final boss.

there are also sprites for CLOSED versions of the shops found at the outpost. I've uploaded them here, http://imgur.com/a/kCXS5. This might mean that when we open the gate to fight the final boss the outpost will be closed. there was also stuff relating to what looks like a ceremony. I uploaded them here, http://imgur.com/a/GTLSq. I SPECULATE that these might be the first story mission since there's a hidden starbound achievement (STEAM) called "congratulations on your graduation" this might be for completing the first story mission, which is you graduating as a soldier or something and earth is attacked and/or destroyed by the tenacle monster.

OTHER hidden steam achievements are ones named "the resilient" "the devout" "the wise" there are 8 of ones named like this and 6 of them have different raced for their achievement picture, the novakis ISN'T there sinse he was a kickstarter goal race and isn't part of the story. the 2 achievements that arn't characters are called "the hopeful" and "the protector". the hopeful has a purple crystal that looks like the boss you fight at the mining facility. i have no idea what it could be for, maybe you can figure it out. On the other hand "the protector" has a symbol that looks like it belongs in the ancient temple, i think its the achievement for either unlocking the final boss gate or killing the final boss. the other achievements might be for adding their races key to the ancient temple gate and once all 6 of them have the gate will open and the final boss will be ready to fight.

TL;DR sprites about a new final boss and a ancient temple for it have been found as well as achievement that might relate to unlocking the temple gate.

Lodish likes this.
  2. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Never seen that tentacle stuff (though I haven't checked in a while). I feel you're right about that they're part of the final boss.

However the rest of the stuff is old. The stuff in the second link has been in the game for ages. Much of those objects are in the challenge rooms. All I can think about the third link is that the shops will open as you progress in the game. Someone tell if something like that is in the Nightlies already; I haven't checked in a while. Can't think why the Outpost would close after opening the gate. The fourth link is to the intro mission stuff, which is in the game already. Don't know if it's playable without admin commands yet.

The achievements sound like the gate stuff, yeah. Or maybe the racial story missions? Could every achievement match a mission/artifact/story character you meet? Something related to that, I agree.

3. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

The second link's sprites are already used for Challenge rooms.
    The closed shops could possibily hint at the shops being unlocked rather than all of them being open from the beginning.
    As for the starter mission, a notable bit are the corpse sprites, as the game otherwise doesn't use corpses.

4. gg30433043

gg30433043 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Regarding the Closed Shops, After you complete certain Quests that progress the story, They "unlock" and function normally.
    The Dev's of Starbound just haven't put the code in that makes the story start at the begging of the game. Literally it's like putting in code that initially gives you the quest, and then setting it so you spawn in the right world when you make a new character, no admin commands at all.
    Basically, the Story is that there was a creator or something that kept the balance in the universe. Then a being came called the Ruin, Giant Tentacle monster, that hated all of creation and went around destroying planets and such. The Creator sealed the ruin away, but died because of it. Before he did, he gave 6 artifacts to the 6 races, which are the keys to opening the gate. You came from earth, and was a graduate from the protectorate, bunch of people who save other people and stuff. Before you graduated the ruin attacked earth. You then got a matter manipulator, Hauled ass, and got out of there. The Ruin destroyed earth. The seal is breaking and you gotta get the 6 artifacts to open the door so you can take him out for the last time.

Zebe likes this.
  5. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Oh, so the shop thing was pretty much what I guessed. Woah. I haven't checked the game in a while :L
    Putting in code...? So the quest isn't playable yet, right? I mentioned the admin commands because that's how I had to access the quest last time I checked the progress on that in the nightlies :p

6. gg30433043

You just have to change like two lines of code in the game :p I was looking around someone was nice enough to help me out. Cat2002 added it to his Unstable Fixer Mod and Everything works now :D. There is a part in the files, where you can set "Initial Quests" or Quests that you immediately get when you start the game. You just set it to the First story quest (protectorate quest, the quest where you graduate). There is also a feature, where you can set what world you spawn on when you start with a new character, and change that to the protectorate, or Earth. Just start a new character with the skip intro mission unchecked, and It works!

Zebe likes this.
  7. gg30433043

Yeah, All those images are objects in the mission. The Mission is your graduation as a protectorate.

The Protector is most likely gotten when you beat the final Boss, as in your the "Protector of the Galaxy"