Modding Discussion Aging Characters?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by soss, Jun 5, 2017.

1. soss

soss Tentacle Wrangler

Hello, friends! This is my first time making a thread on this forum, but I've brought this up in the Discord chat and thought I might introduce it here as well.

So basically it's always weirded me out that the characters of the valley never age, and that apart from Kent's arrival in Year 2, nothing changes in Pelican Town. While playing for as long as you want without any sort of consequences/aging is fun and all, I thought it would be a neat little solution to make a mod that allows characters (mainly NPCs?) to age, or even pass away if enough time has gone by.

Obviously, this would be a TON of work, and quite frankly a lot more work than someone like me--an artist-y person, who opens up the .cs files for the game and goes "wHAT???"--is cut out to do.

What I propose, I guess, is that if people want to we could assemble a team of people to work on this. Is there anyone--preferably more skilled on the CS/coding side of things--who'd be willing to work together with me to make this happen? It'd be a slow process, I'm betting, but imagine the satisfaction of an end result! ;)

HopeWasHere likes this.
    • SheepMilks

SheepMilks Phantasmal Quasar

I know how to edit the dialogue a bit I guess LOL and I am also a pixel artist by trade.
      IDK
      I hope you get the people you need! this sounds super cool!

soss likes this.
      • soss

soss Tentacle Wrangler

Thanks for your interest! Also, neat icon! :D

• SheepMilks

SheepMilks Phantasmal Quasar

thankyou! My friend drew it for me <3

soss likes this.
          • HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

I'm very interested in an idea like this. I'm not sure how/if I would help at the current time, but hopefully in the future I would be able to. What are your plans with the project? Do you have anything made yet? There are a couple of other projects I follow that are doing similar, smaller projects, so if you weren't able to get anyone on board here (as coders are hard to find) you could possible lend your assets to one of those projects.