1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved After the 1.1 patch the game teleports me to ship randomly/whenever I move too fast

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Sceler, Sep 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sceler

Sceler Space Hobo

Nothing more to add than the title says. Whenever I either move too fast in one direction, or the game feels like it, I get kicked into my ship. I'm attaching the log, I'm running Windows 7X64 on windowed.

Edit: Ahh. It's awfully painful to try to play like this.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

One of your mods is using a non existent status effect "helium3Immunity" which causes this behaviour. Don't ask me which mod though...there are too many used to track it down easily.

~ Iris ~

3. Sceler

Sceler Space Hobo

Oh, so many places where that could be coming from. It'll be a fun hunt.

4. Iris Blanche

I'll investigated your log a bit deeper (had some time for it :p)
    It seems that madtulips ship mod is causing this error. I'd recommend contacting him.

~ Iris ~

5. Sceler

Sceler Space Hobo

Oh? I unsubscribed from that mod a few days ago. But I just realized that I still was subscribed to this one: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=743828258&searchtext=madtulips

I'll try unsubscribing to it as well and will update after I visit some florans.

6. Iris Blanche

Unsubbing from madtulips shipmod will break your shipworld. I'd not recommend it before you remove all important things. Also you'll have to delete your shipworld so that it can recreate. There will also some things be stored in your player file as well because the mod changes the initial quests and add a new tech. Like i wrote above it's better to contact him.

~ Iris ~

7. Sceler

Sceler Space Hobo

Actually, it'll destroy and de-technologize it into a stone and dirt ship. [I had already done the cleanup and unsubscribed from it around a week ago, then deleted the ship files to make the game spawn a normal one. Oddly enough it is only in this 1.1 patch that this problem started happening.]

As you recommend, I'll try to contact Madtulips, but one question, is this particular error still a viable culprit when it can be written into the logfiles without my character being immediately kicked back to the ship?

8. Iris Blanche

9. Sceler

Sceler Space Hobo

We were looking into the exact same thing at the very same time. I was just about to update that as I kept looking into it I appeared to have found an alternative cause, and was going to test it.

10. Iris Blanche

Some more info: Helium3Immunity is related to frackin universe.

~ Iris ~

11. Sceler

Sceler Space Hobo

Aye. According to the answers I received in Frackin's bug thread the fix for that one is freshly off the oven.

Also did a clean reinstall after unsubscribing to the broken critters mod and subscribing to the fixed version, placed back the old characters saves and universe, and so far so good.

More testing is required in order to be absolutely certain of the disappearance of the aforementioned irregularities, but I think that it is safe to say that the chances of that we've effectively dealt with the actual culprit increase by the minute.

12. Iris Blanche

Is your issue solved? :)

~ Iris ~

13. Iris Blanche

Marking as resolved and closing due to no response from the OP.

Regards
    Iris Blanche

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.