1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue After a random crash, I am unable to play Starbound with my friend anymore. Please HELP!

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by SweetMelonade, Jul 21, 2017.

1. SweetMelonade

SweetMelonade Intergalactic Tourist

I was playing with a friend when suddenly the game shut down for me and an error window popped up.

After that, the server decides to shut down whenever my friend joins and it gives me the "incoming client packet has caused exception" message. We tried to get it to work MANY times. However, I might have managed to find the cause and the server crash seems to be triggered by me switching a weapon in my hot bar (using the 1 2 3 4 keys).
    We're not using any mods by the way.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? I tried repairing the game, I tried reinstalling it, still the same problem.

2. 4Tristan4

4Tristan4 Intergalactic Tourist

I had that exact same glitch too, but I managed to solve the problem.

It only crashes when I have a spear equipped in my first slot, and I scroll from it/to it.
    It also gives me a completely different error if I pick up the spear from my inventory.

Anyway, so I managed to equip the item in a different slot, and It's been working since.

Hope this helps someone. :)