Tutorial [Adv] Create your own mission / outpost! Includes basic biome knowledge

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Kayuko, May 15, 2015.

1. SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

Yup, it was on my end. (Those single rogue pixels will get ya every time!)

2. Fiad

Fiad Void-Bound Voyager

Except that still replaces, "/destinations". Which could cause mod conflicts if i'm not mistaken.

A better solution might be:

[{
    "op" : "add",
    "path" : "/destinations/-",
    "value" : {
    "name" : "My Map",
    "planetName" : "A map by me",
    "warpAction" : "InstanceWorld:custommapname",
    "icon" : "custommapicon"
    }
    }]

3. Jens4029

Jens4029 Void-Bound Voyager

I tried to follow the guide. I have my world built and the gate shows that I can teleport to it. However, when I try, it never loads. The error I get is:
    Error: UniverseServer: error during world create: (JsonException) No such key in Json::get("layers")

I could not find "layers" in any of my mod files. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Started over. Now I get something wrong with my image. error is:

Error: UniverseServer: error during world create: (StarException) Error loading dungeon '/dungeons/missions/missiontesting1/missiontesting1.dungeon': (StarException) Exception (StarException) Dungeon image /dungeons/missions/missiontesting1/missiontesting1-objects.png uses unknown tile color: #ffaec9ff

Any Idea what this means?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  4. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

For the more recently added dungeon files, does anyone else notice that all the .png files were replaced with .json files? I can't visualize how the dungeons are supposed to look if it's all in code.

5. Your Buddy Bill

Your Buddy Bill Existential Complex

i feel like putting the invisible walls one block off the ground will cause problems with wiseguys using targeted-blink to shoot their warp-projectile through the hole. You might wanna double-check it.
    And shadow, they're using an in-house program called Tiled now, a version altered for Starbound, and they won't release it to the public until 1.0 (if that ever even happens) so we're pmuch screwed in terms of the newer dungeon format, because, you know, we totally needed to be able to mod even less.

Shadow Wolf TJC likes this.
  6. Your Buddy Bill

Your Buddy Bill Existential Complex

running into issues spawning a custom dungeon, though I've almost got a mod set up that uses extra template.config files in blocks to create new materials that pull their graphics directly from the original material's alternate paint schemes.

Anyway for some reason the system is throwing a huge fit. My log just says that the universeClient is stopping and that it received a world stop packet, removing.

Specifically:
    Code:
    [15:53:53.335] Info: UniverseServer: Creating temporary world file for world InstanceWorld:billbuilt:fefd22567574c77c560b369e5b320f73:-
    [15:53:53.336] Info: UniverseServer: Creating temporary instance world 'InstanceWorld:billbuilt:fefd22567574c77c560b369e5b320f73:-'
    [15:53:53.352] Info: Placing dungeon billbuilt
    [15:54:11.338] Info: Generating dungeon billbuilt (NOT FORCED)
    [15:54:29.306] Info: Placing dungeon at (0, 2500)
    [15:54:57.183] Info: UniverseClient: Client disconnecting...
    [15:54:57.272] Info: Client received world stop packet, leaving: Removed
    [15:54:57.542] Info: UniverseServer: Client 'Raven' <1> (local) disconnected
    [15:54:57.643] Info: UniverseServer: Stopping UniverseServer
    So why is this happening?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  7. Zappity

Zappity Big Damn Hero

Is it possible to have painted blocks in your dungeon?