1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

\admin

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Swschrock, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Swschrock

Swschrock Void-Bound Voyager

After playing some modded content and a few times of getting slaughtered on the 1st planet. I noticed my unwillingness to put use of this command. As much as i enjoy starbound, having this admin option is my worst enemy. Things get to difficult or just boring mining enough ores or materials at times and i think why not speed up the process? \admin spawnitem ect,ect. Is there a way to remove this command? I know self control is best. But for those that want to play the game as is (content mods included) having that much power to just become god of starbound is irritatingly frustrating. I know mods ussually make things faster but instantanious gratification is a boon. And, no mods needed to do so. Just not having that option available would be a godsend, in my opinion.

2. aerionop

aerionop Big Damn Hero

If self-control is impossible, chopping off your hands might be a good solution! /s
    Really though, might I suggest physically removing your Enter key? Or make an AHK script that replaces it with an unbound key?

3. Aurakiel

Aurakiel Space Spelunker

I was sick on the 22nd and my twins are 3. Last night, I finished the main story progression on my Glitch without any assistance from friends, the admin commands, or mods. I'm a mom and casual gamer. If I can do it 'pure' so can you ;) Just because the options - key word, are there doesn't mean you have to use them.

Swschrock likes this.
  4. Swschrock

Swschrock Void-Bound Voyager

Your correct. I should just enjoy the game as is. I shall resist the urge! I think ill just start a new game. Ill probably leave the content mods in though. Frackin flora is an interesting mod.