1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Admin Mode Troubles

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Dr_W0rm, May 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Dr_W0rm

Dr_W0rm Big Damn Hero

To preface this: no did not know ahead of time that it would do this, I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but the problem still persists; and yes, I have tried doing the /admin command to turn it off but it still doesn't deactivate god mode.

I really want this to be over with, but have no idea how to go about it, any suggestions?

2. Dr_W0rm

Dr_W0rm Big Damn Hero

So, a little update, I've looked at my .config file, but have yet to find any line of code that directly deals with the issue.

3. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Are you using any mods?

4. Dr_W0rm

Dr_W0rm Big Damn Hero

Well, on the Steam version, yes, they're all race mods, though I do remember reading somewhere that that could bork things up. But I copied the Starbound folder from the Steamapps folder to make a second, unmodded game. That's the one that I tried the admin mode on, and it even affected the Steam game, too.

Okay, so I just figured something out, I deleted my player, universe, and mods folders and that seemed to fix it (or more like moved them to a different folder until I have time to look at it more in depth) but for now, it seems like I have solved my issue, albeit temporarily.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2019
  5. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Sounds like the clientcontext file got messed up on that character. Do you still have the starbound.log from when this first happened? This file holds nearly always the necessary information that was the cause.

6. Dr_W0rm

Dr_W0rm Big Damn Hero

Seems as though I may have accidentally deleted/misplaced it, but I can load another game from my Steam version that should have a similar log in it.