1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Admin commands!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by HighTech109, Apr 7, 2016.

1. HighTech109

HighTech109 Void-Bound Voyager

Just a request for the devs and a way of seeing if i'm the only one that wants it.

If they could keep the /admin mode in singleplayer that would be fantastic. I know they're probably going to keep it, but Minecraft didn't, so i'm worried.
    /admin mode la extremely userful and works kinda like a "Creative Mode" and a "Debug Mode" at the same time.
    It would be a shame if it was removed.

Kezeal likes this.
  2. Kezeal

Kezeal Ketchup Robot

Can't see a reason it would be removed. And worry not, if it would be then there's probably a mod putting it back in coming up shortly!

3. HighTech109

I know there would be a mod instantly, but if it was a vanilla feature that would be batter.

4. ImDaMisterL

ImDaMisterL Void-Bound Voyager

True, it would, but as long as it's there for us to use (as a mod or not) I think it's fine.

5. petethepug

petethepug Space Penguin Leader

In Minecraft you can switch to LAN Mode, and initiate cheats, you don't need to use /admin. (See Minecraft Wiki)

For Starbound it may have been temporarily removed. If you would like a mod for a player made Admin Console. That could change the commands temporarily in the mean time.

6. HighTech109

I mean, Minecraft doesen't have /admin mode and i know it, but it has commands. When Minecraft got out of beta, commands were only avaliable in multiplayer. I hope Starbound doesen't do the same thing.

7. petethepug

petethepug Space Penguin Leader

We're going completely off topic here with Minecraft. Again Minecraft still has Admin Commands. They are just hidden, and not labeled.

Ex: In Singleplayer you can change the Time of the world. That normally an admin could only do. Or owner, same thing applies with a server.

And for Commands for Single Player. The best solution would be to make a server, and have admin enabled. But again you could possibly use a Mod to change this.

8. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

They said that it will remain, because modders need it, but it will be disabled by default. It can be enabled via the config easy enough, no big deal.