Modding Help Adjusting body/head size

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by DraikNova, Jan 8, 2017.

1. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

So, I'm attempting to work on a bulkier race with a relatively narrow head. I haven't looked into the game's sprite sheets too much, but is it possible to change the size of the head and body sprite sheets (to allow for said shorter heads and taller bodies)? Or would I have to use some workaround involving putting part of the body's sprite into the head's sprite and then adjusting where the arms are put?

2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

If you see @C0bra5 - pony mod - it creates a completely custom body.
    The downside being none of the normal armors will ever fit your race and will all look akward when people try.

Also you will need to make completely custom armors for your race - if it is heavily different from the original body frame.

DraikNova likes this.
  3. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Thanks! I'll look into that if my attempts to use the head's sprite to hold the upper body end up looking wonky in-game.

4. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

As long as you don't have your shoulder move in the head frame it pretty much fine as the head has 2 frames unless you use a custom .frames. though I recommend using the regular max height, 43px, since having to modify the hit box size would have a good chance to make it so that a player can't get through a door. I haven't modified the hit box for that reason. And the fact that player hotboxes aren't rotating with the player.