Notice Addressing Beta Questions

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Nov 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terwin94

Terwin94 Pangalactic Porcupine

Will the links to redeem the game be up on the 4th or do we have to wait for the drm free version?

AIex likes this.
  2. ChibiTrap

ChibiTrap Void-Bound Voyager

The first stage of beta will be Steam-only. The codes for that are what's going out on the 4th. The DRM free download will go up as soon as it's efficient to do so, which will be anywhere from the later two stages of beta, to release, it's unknown.

Axe Garian and AIex like this.
  3. Skippy3

Skippy3 Pangalactic Porcupine

Assuming all goes to plan, when is the exact time that the beta will be released?

AIex and Uniquezz like this.
  4. Synien

Synien Void-Bound Voyager

Okay, so I bought a four pack and got the humble page with the 4 links, I have redeemed none because I bought them as xmas gift for some of my friends.
    I've decided to give them out when the beta started, but I'm a bit confused, I know to email them the links on the humble page, but what will happen when the steam keys come out? Will they go to them or will I receive them and have to send them on?

5. Terwin94

Terwin94 Pangalactic Porcupine

Are the humble bundle pre-orders the drm free or the steam keys?
    Also are the humble bundle keys supposed to be unredeemable at the moment or do i need to get in touch with my friend?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
    AIex likes this.
  6. ChibiTrap

ChibiTrap Void-Bound Voyager

Not sure about this, could go either way, if they're using the email used for the original purchase, or if they're using the emails used on claimed humble-bundle pages. Could go either way.

If you pre-ordered direct from the website via the Humble Store you'll get both a steam key and the DRM free version when it becomes available.

7. Sasha Nekosune

Sasha Nekosune Void-Bound Voyager

I would LOVE to see the Novakids ship! hope to see a Novakid in its ship soon. :3 maybe even some consept art for it. :3

8. R0flw4ffl3z

R0flw4ffl3z Void-Bound Voyager

HYPEEEEEEEEEEEE TRAM
    ?

AIex likes this.
  9. Squid Steve

Squid Steve Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]

10. Skrapers

Skrapers Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I suppose I should ask this. But I feel bad for doing so since I didn't read the other 20+ pages of forum. Are the NPC's named after players going to be implemented in the Beta? Or will they be put in when Beta is closing? I don't care too much either way.

Second Question... Anyone wanna join up and play beta with me on a server when it launches? :)

11. L0chlan2

L0chlan2 Space Penguin Leader

I'll totally play with you man, gimme an ip when you set a server up :D

Skrapers, Axe Garian and AIex like this.
  12. Keito

Keito Void-Bound Voyager

I have a question, how long is the beta going to last that v1.0 will be released? I'm planning to enjoy full Starbound experience rather than the beta itself. :p

AIex likes this.
  13. EmGeHo

EmGeHo Cosmic Narwhal

Had not even thought about this until now, but now I cant wait to see it either dammit! I'm expecting some western/steampunky locomotive influences, could turn out pretty awesome.

Axe Garian, AIex and Miles like this.
  14. Talonj

Talonj Aquatic Astronaut

I got a 4 pack but have only given out/used three codes - Does anyone know what the last date to redeem those codes are?

15. AJC0MICS

AJC0MICS Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I hope the chocolate fountain is already implemented... it's one of the most important things in the game! ;)

16. L0chlan2

L0chlan2 Space Penguin Leader

Wasn't the chocolate fountain revealed months ago? It should totally be in by now!

17. Gil

Gil Void-Bound Voyager

muggyface.png Mid-terms on the 5th and 6th

18. Maltion

Maltion Void-Bound Voyager

Its December 2013 right now, what type of time machine do you have? Christ...

PlayMp1, AIex and Henry Wotton like this.
  19. AdachiTheGreat

AdachiTheGreat Void-Bound Voyager

But what if I just want to check on my hunger?

AIex likes this.
  20. JagBlack

JagBlack Subatomic Cosmonaut

Will multiplayer be cross-platform?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.