Additional Spouse Bonuses/Perks

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Xamerzan, Oct 26, 2016.

?

Would you like our spouses to have additional bonuses/perks like the ones shown below?

1. Yes, absolutely!

100.0%
  2. Maybe, if some of these were altered differently.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Makes no difference to me.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

As the name suggests, the bachelor/bachelorette you decide to marry will come live with you on your farm (as normal), and do the things they already do (occasionally water crops, feed/water animals, fix fences, etc.).

They would also however be able to do other things that could assist you outside the farm (presuming they're available, of course). I hope this post gets the idea across. Enjoy!

Update (10/25/2016): I only have Abigail's perk at the moment, but I'm still working on the others. If anyone comes up with something good I may add it to this list! You will of course be credited for the idea. =)

If Married,

(Bachelorettes)
    • Abigail: When asked, she may come with you to the Mines or Skull Cavern to explore with you and help you find additional treasures, fight monsters, and have gear of her own which you can upgrade for her (by giving/replacing her equipment items). Though she can be hurt, she will always flee if she gets hit a certain number of times.
    • Haley: (To be determined)
    • Leah: (To be determined)
    • Maru: (To be determined)
    • Penny: (To be determined)
    • Emily: (To be determined)
    (Bachelors)
    • Alex: (To be determined)
    • Elliott: (To be determined)
    • Harvey: (To be determined)
    • Sam: (To be determined)
    • Sebastian: (To be determined)
    • Shane: (To be determined)

Ardalis and farmerbunbun like this.
    • TimeLord97

TimeLord97 Space Spelunker

On my first save I'm married to Leah (I'm still a free-farming bachelor in my second save lol) and she gifts me mushrooms or something "she grew out back" quite often. I'd say as her perk maybe have her help you forage? She can cut down trees (even just to have more wood to sculpt with haha) and maybe lead you to her favourite foraging spots or the places she tends to find higher quality items? I'm not sure on this idea of mine just because I have the forager perk thingy with the arrows already and having Leah doing the same thing is kinda redundant... But she has the personality of loving adventures into the forest to "find new foods" and such so something with foraging or even just helping you plant things on the first of each season would be fitting to her and helpful to you in some way.

Elliott does compete in the ice fishing competition... maybe he can help fish? Shane could run a brewery lol, I don't know; thinking of stuff for the others is hard.

farmerbunbun likes this.
      • Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

Lol, ain't that the truth? :rofl:

Anyways, I like your suggestion for Leah! I might very well add that to this list. Thanks for the idea!

• Ipielle

Ipielle Title Not Found

Harvey could provide medicinal potions. And if we think that, being a doctor, he knows how to treat animals at least a little, then he could help increase the hearts of the animals faster by petting them from time to time ?
          Elliot often goes to the beach, he could bring back shells and sea forageables?
          Shane could definitely brew some stuff as well as help with the chickens by gathering the eggs from the coop.
          Penny likes to read, maybe she could teach crafting recipes and cooking recipes to the player or give hints about things from the game?
          Maru is a tech savy, she could from time to time accelerate the time of production of artisan goods and other machinery such as the furnace? Like, you put something to be produced and she will go to the machine, have the product ready in half the time and give it to you the next time you talk to her, or just leave it in the machine for you to take. That would be advantageous for things takinf a long time to be produced, like wine and preserves.
          Emily could cook some food for the player as she usually works in the bar and must be helping Gus with that. She could also gift new clothes for the player, like the autel in the magician's tower.
          Haley could forage flowers maybe? She is often out to take pictures of things and could gather flowers on her way like daffodils, or even flowers that are not forageables but crops. She would just 'find' them in the wilds?
          I am out of ideas now, but I hope this helps! ^^

IronZelly, amyhistoria and TimeLord97 like this.
          • amyhistoria

amyhistoria Industrial Terraformer

As Sam previously work in JojaMart, I think he can run a shop selling your farm goods in a increasing price. He can also promote your goods when he goes to Zuzu city when holding concerts.

For Sebby, I think he can run an online business selling items you put in a box in the spouse room. He would keep some money to himself, but the customers keep writing letters to you praising you.

• Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

Some interesting ideas, but maybe in Sebastian's case, maybe instead of keeping all the money to himself he'd share some of the wealth with you... you DID grow the crops after all, you should see some of the profits that you'd both benefit from!

• Saibara

Saibara Subatomic Cosmonaut

I believe CA has at some point declared that he will not include such a thing so that the choice of spouse is not determined by meta-aspects other than picking a favourites.

• Cemo

Cemo Phantasmal Quasar

Shane's bonus should definitely be chicken or coop related. Like, maybe your Chickens stay happier/get happy faster with him. Or he just takes care of all the coops for you?

farmerbunbun likes this.
                  • Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

Well, even if he decides not to implement such an idea, the thought is still fun to think about. I frankly am fine with not having any of these additional bonuses, but it would be nice if they were in the game. =)

• BarbarianRas

BarbarianRas Void-Bound Voyager

I kinda wish you could assign your spouse to do a useful task to do instead of them doing something random.
                      "I got up early and watered some crops for you!"
                      *Looks at massive field well irrigated with iridium sprinklers* "Thanks?"

Cemo likes this.
                      • Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, I saw that as a problem too. :rofl: It would be nice if you could have your spouse focus more on the things you need more help with.

Cemo likes this.
                        • TimeLord97

TimeLord97 Space Spelunker

I am having fun playing around with this thought too, it's interesting to see what other people think about what certain spouses can best help out with things that correspond with their personalities :)

lol the number of times that has happened to me in my first save is ridiculous. One time before I had lots of iridium sprinklers she said she watered some crops for me (she being Leah) and I was so excited because I had a lot to water so yay! time saver but nope, she only watered like one tiny section that wasn't even like the main section of crops I was growing. Like, lol thanks I guess? A+ for effort and being true to your word of "watered SOME crops" :rofl: