Modding Help Adding recipes?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ColaWolf, Jul 6, 2018.

1. ColaWolf

ColaWolf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey,

I have some modding experience (I helped update parts of the Furry conversion mod in regards to graphics), but I'm really unsure how I would go about creating a mod that adds cooking recipes into the game. What are the most useful guides out there for this? Any help would be appreciated. :)

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

I have an old post over here that goes into most of the details: https://community.playstarbound.com...aking-error-using-my-mod.132609/#post-3153573

(Note that the old post uses examples from my old data for SDV v1.2. Some of the ObjectIDs have been used by ConcernedApe for the new items he's added in v1.3-beta.
      So make sure when you start your mod that you are looking at new v1.3 files.)

The short version is that adding cooking recipes/food; requires a new item to be added into the game.

So, first you'd need to add the food sprite to:
      "Content/Maps/springobjects"

And, the corresponding item data(name,descriptions,eating/drinking animation,buffs) in
      :
      "Content/Data/ObjectInformation"

Then you can open up the recipe file:
      "Content/Data/CookingRecipes"

From here you can reference the ObjectInformation file for the ObjectIDs you'll need to create your recipe. The name and the ingredients; along with the name of who will send you the recipe and at how many hearts.

Lastly, you'll want to edit the mail file if you've added someone who doesn't normally send you recipes.
      "Content/Data/mail"

• paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There also is JsonAssets (JA) which serves as a framework and essentially does what MysticTempest explained for you. It's very easy to use and only requires a bit of .JSON knowledge.
        That link is for the 1.2 version, but if you'd like to test with the 1.3 version f4ith has done an unofficial update that fixes a few problems the 1.2 JsonAssets had.

Here is the official documentation (sans the latest pull request) for JA. If you have questions, myself and other content pack creators hang out in the SDV Discord server. Feel free to ask there!