Adding recipe/mail/events to a mod help

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Necrons, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Necrons

Necrons Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, I want to update a mod I've got, by adding some new recipes that you can receive from a character in the mail when you hit a certain heart level with them. I can make the sprites for the food, but how would I go about making it into a file I can use in the game? How do I create recipes, and then the mail?

I also wanted to add a few events, and I have no idea where to start on that front. I'd really appreciate any advice on how to go about it.

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

For creating recipes and inserting them into the game I would look at the various Json Assets mods on Nexus, particularly PPJA ones and there is also a Mail Framework Mod that helps with the sending of said recipes - again, check the various PPJA mods to see different applications of MFM. Adding recipes and mails is relatively easy with current tools, however adding events is quite a bit harder. Actually, the best suggestion I have for you to get this off the ground is to join the SdV discord and the modding channel (it's in the Support and Modding section) there, lots of helpful folks there who have done all of these things.