Modding Help Adding new furniture without replacing old ones in Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Mods' started by GermanPlasma, Mar 25, 2020.

1. GermanPlasma

GermanPlasma Big Damn Hero

Hey everyone, I've been searching and trying things to finally be able to solve this issue:

I want to play with my friend in Multiplayer, we have SMAPI e.t.c. and we don't really have many problems, I'm still adding mods to enhance the gameplay for the future, but there is one issue..

We would really like if we could play with additional furniture. I thought this wouldn't be as hard, but it seems like there's way more to it than I know. After some searching, I found the Custom Furniture mod, used the unofficial patch and that works fine in singleplayer for me, but in Multiplayer, every piece of furniture turns itself as soon as another player enters the house.

I don't know if there is any way to fix this, but this brought me to the idea of adding own furniture into the xnb tilesheet. However, I really don't know if that is going to work. I simply would love to have more furniture, that works in Multiplayer, that does not replace old furniture.

Is the furniture amount hard coded into the game? I would love if someone has any idea what to do to get around this issue, also I apologize if this was asked before (probably was) but I just can't find any info to it and so this is my last hope in a way :/

thanks for anyone who wants to help in advance