Modding Help Adding missing objects to mods

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by uPr0ph3tu, Aug 23, 2019.

1. uPr0ph3tu

uPr0ph3tu Intergalactic Tourist

Hi everyone,

AI race mod is causing this crash:

[21:27:11.286] [Error] UniverseServer: exception caught: (ObjectException) No such object named 'bigboosterflamesktest'

I've been looking around and I found the asset and what I want to do is make these objects objects/ships/boosters/(boosterflamesktest/bigboosterflame) available for all mods in the game

I noticed this structure is available in 'Skittles Basic Race Template'

So I stripped the other directories keeping only the objects/ships/boosters/bigboosterflame and boosterflamesktest directories which contain the pngs etc within.

I made a metadata in the base and I uploaded to workshop as a mod.

Am I doing this right ? Is this how you add missing objects to the game ? (I also gave it late priority order)

Here's the mod unpacked in case my explanation isn't clear.
    I'm basically trying to add the objects you see in the dir to the game

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=32165787977616311741

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  2. uPr0ph3tu

uPr0ph3tu Intergalactic Tourist

Hello again, it's your favorite double poster.

It works !

So for anyone that is interested

In the workshop if you browse
    AIraceShipFix
    you'll find my mod (Author: uPr0ph3tu in case).

This little fix adds bigboosters missing in any race using Skittles basic race template (AI race was missing it).

So ANY mod missing those boosters now has 'em. That was fun. Can't wait to see what the next server crashing bug my next user will turn up. Like I don't deal with this shit enough during my day job lol :p

3. ZTIAI

ZTIAI Intergalactic Tourist

it's still not working for me
    the moment I try to sit in the commander's chair on the ship the game freezes and crashes

I included the log it might help

Attached Files:

4. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

Code:
    [21:57:21.308] [Error] WorldServerThread exception caught handling incoming packets for client 1: (MapException) Key 'openCockpitInterface' not found in Map::get()

This is your issue, not the flame booster. Its been a while since I played Starbound, but I think this means your capt. chair needs fixed.

5. ZTIAI

ZTIAI Intergalactic Tourist

it works normally with every other species except for AI this is why I thought it was related
    do you know how to fix it??