Modding Help Adding client-side recipes for custom items

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Mash_smaster, Apr 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Mash_smaster

Mash_smaster Space Spelunker

Recently , I have been learning to create create custom items via commands, and, if i do say so myself, have become quite good at it, and am trying to create custom vanity sets for my characters, using modified vanilla cosmetic armor. But i have been trying to find a way to integrate my custom items into a client side mod that would allow me to craft them from the beginning of the game with my hands, thus removing the hassle of having to go into admin mode to get them. I have searched the forums, but have found nothing. So my question is, how would one add recipes for custom vanilla items with a mod?

2. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

You generally don't want to do this with large item descriptors (which your armor is due to the custom directives). The reason being that these recipes will be stored in the player file, and persist until removed manually.
    I've seen a few people report experiencing issues as a direct result of their player file being filled with thousands of large recipes.

I've done it myself as well, but I try to limit myself to one or two items per mod.

A better alternative might be to expose the items by other means. You could add your items to a custom json file and access them from a script with root.assetJson, for example.

If you insist on adding a bunch of armor this way, you can do so by both creating recipe files and patching the items into the player.config file.

Player patch: https://github.com/Silverfeelin/Starbound-WEdit/blob/master/player.config.patch

Recipe: https://github.com/Silverfeelin/Starbound-WEdit/blob/master/recipes/WE_AllInOne.recipe

3. Mash_smaster

Mash_smaster Space Spelunker

I don't think i elaborated enough. What I want are just custom vanilla items(No custom colors, textures, etc) with custom names/descriptions. I have all the parameters in spawnitem format.