Add Zoom out like PC for Consoles

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Huxlevan724, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Huxlevan724

Huxlevan724 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi,
    I've got over 50 hours on the PC version and zooming out the camera was great get a better view of everything. I moved over to the PS4 port and realized its camera zoom was missing. Now I'm playing own a switch and playing it again and would love to zoom the camera out as I personally find the default way to zoomed in.

Thanks,
    Evan

• Monopoly

Monopoly Poptop Tamer

I play on the switch, and would love the ability to move the screen in which ever direction I move my cursor (right stick). Say I want to check out what is a bit above me, even as i'm running, I should be able to move my cursor to the top of my screen, and it will move my camera with the cursor (up to a certain point, even if my character is no longer on screen.)

For Switch, I feel zooming out might make things a tad too small (handheld), though some people may like zooming out, I feel letting my camera roam in a direction I specify, while I am still controlling my character would be the best option.

joshhh, medicdude and nekoCrimson like this.
      • medicdude

medicdude Intergalactic Tourist

The ability to move the camera view so the player isn't in the middle would be really nice, you could easily adapt that to a button combo on PC, or a second stick for ported games like the switch. Automatically re-center the camera if the player performs any click action to make that real easy. I suppose it might be a little too useful for scouting forage or ores in the mine, but you would still need to walk there to interact. I would LOVE this feature.

Zooming out would be nice for PC, but it does not help on the smaller screen devices like switch.

• rebeccahhh

rebeccahhh Space Hobo

I would love a zoom option... It's super helpful for foraging. I love the feature on PC.
          I also own it on switch and would love to be able to zoom in and out on the console, especially when playing in docked mode.

joshhh likes this.
          • joshhh

joshhh Space Hobo

a variation on the zoom in/out that I thought of for Switch would be that the right joystick could have an option to hover-zoom, like a magnifying glass. this could help make small numbers (like the quantities of stacked items) easier to read for anyone/people with poor vision, and could perhaps be enabled/disabled in the menu for folks on bigger screens or who don't need to zoom. adding an adjustment parameter for the size of the stacked item quantity text could be another solution which might be simpler?

being able to toggle between the cursor and a camera view/pan control by clicking the right stick is the best idea that came to mind for me to help work with the limited size when playing on the Switch screen undocked.