1. This forum is for website and forum feedback ONLY. Please post Starbound bugs in the Support section. Any game-specific threads in this forum will be deleted.

Suggestion Add HTTPS

Discussion in 'Website Feedback/Issues' started by BFeely, May 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. BFeely

BFeely Void-Bound Voyager

Any reason the Chucklefish forums are unencrypted? Might be a good idea to add HTTPS protection in order to protect our usernames and passwords?

I do notice that while you use CloudFlare (with its various issues) you make the forum direct-connect. Am I right to guess that is so no third-parties have access to our logins? If so, you have the GREAT opportunity to set up an encrypted HTTPS connection that gets encrypted in our computer, and doesn't get opened back up until it gets inside your server!

If Creeperhost is offering this as shared hosting, check with them about setting up HTTPS.

Also, consider upgrading your nginx if possible; it is two stable versions old.

notanaccount2 likes this.
  2. RiQuY

RiQuY Void-Bound Voyager

This subforum is dead.

3. I've asked for someone to look into this.
    If a new thread pops up here, I will generally look at it the next time I'm on the forums, but it's not always something that can be immediately addressed (for example, this thread requires additional research/people). I could probably do a better job at communicating this so the forum doesn't look unnoticed as it does now, though.

The | Suit likes this.
  4. RiQuY

RiQuY Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for taking care of this subforum, Ordona.