Modding Help [actually mostly solved] Needing more assistance on my armor...

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by MetaFace, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Cyel

Cyel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Code:
    mcontroller.controlModifiers({
      groundMovementModifier = 0.5,
      speedModifier = 0.5
      })
    ?

2. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I believe that is the correct answer. I believe you could change any value found in those two files I mentioned.
    I think it looks first in the humanoid file, and for values not listed there, the default file. So both files should be a good source of values to swap. Lots of experimentation possible.

See this is another reason I like answering questions. I don't have all the answers, but I'm good at FINDING them(or somehow figuring it out). In the process I learn things and put together pieces of the puzzle.

3. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

Nah, you guys. It's:
    Code:
    mcontroller.controlParameters({runSpeed = *insert value here*}) 
    Figured out that works, actually have working momentum at the moment, I just need to figure out how to tell the game to change how long each frame in the animation is so it looks right.

I appreciate the help.

4. EmissaryOfInfinity

EmissaryOfInfinity Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm actually very interested in this. If you can control the animation speed of the player itself, that would be absolutely perfect for my Speed Booster tech. It's one of the main things discouraging me from working on it, actually; I see how weird it looks to move at normal speed after it activates, and it puts me off completely. So if you guys figure this out, you may well have given the last bit of momentum needed for my mod to hit completion.

5. Cyel

Cyel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think "runSpeed" would only change the speed when running, tho, not just every movement's speed (walk would have it's normal speed)

6. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

Exactly. I want the walk to stay normal.

7. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

So I went home, made no progress, but... I want to know how to open the file humanoid.config and load a specific string from it, I understand splicing, and indexing in lua, but the stateCycle is a list "[]" and the game isn't liking indexing too much.

8. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

You need to decide it dynamically?
    do something like
    Code:
    local level1 = "movementParameters"
    local levle2 = "standingPoly"
    local hConfig = "/humanoid.config"
    if level1 then
      hConfig = hConfig .. ":" .. level1
    end
    if level2 then 
      hConfig = hConfig .. "." .. level2
    end
    --the result is "/humanoid.config:movementParameters.standingPoly"
    local something = root.assetJson(hConfig)

Of course you could just do
    Code:
    storage.humanoid = root.assetJson("/humanoid.config")

Thus saving the whole thing. You can then index your way through to get the information you need in the way you are accustomed.

9. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

Hmmm... I'll take a look at this when I get off work (which is a straight 11 hours), this may help somewhere. Thanks.