Modding Discussion Achievement Rewards

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Androxilogin, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

Has anyone made a mod for gaining rewards for getting achievements? Not sure how this portion of the game works but I thought it was a cool idea if anyone was up for the challenge (if even possible). Feel free to hijack the idea and implement it as you'd like if possible. Just came to me out of nowhere and figured I might as well throw it out there.

juicyslew likes this.
    • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Just had a look at the code, the achievements are easily accessible enough that doing something like this is possible :)

juicyslew and Androxilogin like this.
      • TheRaven81

TheRaven81 Pangalactic Porcupine

The little mouse guy in the house by the river, that sells hats - those are the in-game reward system for achievements, there's a different hat for each one, and once you get the achievement then the mouse sells the hat.

• Androxilogin

Oh, I didn't get that at first. I thought by purchasing those hats you unlocked achievements. I actually didn't like any of the hats- I thought about making my own but ran out of ideas after about two.

• TheRaven81

TheRaven81 Pangalactic Porcupine

yeah tbh I didn't like the majority of them, either - plus the fact they were mostly female-directed - bow ties, headbands, etc.

The only hat in the game I really like, is the Straw hat that I won at the Egg Festival - I wear that one all the time. The others are just kinda meh.

juicyslew likes this.
            • Androxilogin

Haha- I just got that one actually. I usually go with the standard frontwards cap.

juicyslew likes this.
              • juicyslew

juicyslew Master Chief

I like the daisy and the fedora :)

• Androxilogin

I've never looked right in a fedora. :geek: :poke::poo:

• zipy199522

zipy199522 Pangalactic Porcupine

From what I understand it wouldn't be that hard, you would just need a clever work around. I was thinking of making a mod that adds in more achievements and adds reward tiers depending on how hard it was to get the achievement but I'm not sure if I have much time to work on it now.