Accidentally changed my .xnb files to be viewed

Discussion in 'Mods' started by kenm, Jun 5, 2016.

1. kenm

kenm Void-Bound Voyager

So i changed my .xnb files to be view on a viewer for my game by accident and i'm scared it'll corrupt my game or something.
    What do i do to change it back to default?

• AfrokingJ

AfrokingJ Pangalactic Porcupine

If it's still .XNB you're solid. you can name a jpeg .txt it won't be useable as a .jpeg but boot up your game and youll see it's fine. In the future though if you want to edit the game. Use XNB toolkit put a file say from the event folder of stardew valley /content and as an example take Archaeologyhouse.xnb and copy or if you're feeling gutsy move into packed then use the unpack.bat when it's done go into the unpacked folder and open the .yaml in a text editor then find some dialogue. For example carefully go to Elliot's event and then change the names of his stories or the stories himself making sure to not screw with the slashes and other symbols then when you're done save the Yaml notepad file. go back into the main toolkit and use Pack.bat when it's done go into the pack folder and transfer it into the events folder Boom Elliot is no longer reading out about the blue tower or a man and woman finding love on a train he's reading about his love of big butts of which he cannot lie about. Now if you go into a folder like say characters and choose a portrait then when you unpack it there will be a yaml and a .png file. You can edit the .png file and when you repack it like you did with the .yaml file it'll make the portrait like you edited it to look. For example I took 4 pictures of The Governor off the internet to and replaced them over the portraits carefully since someone made the sprite png [which was another file portraits and sprites aren't the same thing] and i have yet to see if it works. but if it still says .XNB you should be fine and if you want to edit the game check my instructions and be careful. Good luck!

Gabaw likes this.
      • kenm

kenm Void-Bound Voyager

thank you so much i kinda panicked for a bit but thank you, i also wanna ask if you can change to default even if you don't want to edit the .xnb files or would it not be possible

• AfrokingJ

Don't worry what it's said to view as even if you set the xnb files to look like pictures or text. It's what's inside that counts. So if you didnt mess with anything inside then it's basically just looking ugly restoring to the default of "what the fuck is this program" is a little tricky unless you right click and choose "open this file as" and then put it as a bizarre thing like a ... i dunno what programs your computer uses to open things as but just leave them called as .xnb and use right click open as or file information and dick around in there till you disassociate it because there is probably a little thing saying "file will open as a text file" or whatever you chose as a viewer. then you uncheck it or find a return to default option in there. If not pretend .xnb's are glass on a shelf. don't go chasing .xnb's and stick to the the .exe and smapis you're used to.i f it really bothers you to look at, you can right click it to change the icon or something

• kenm

kenm Void-Bound Voyager

thank you ^^

• AfrokingJ

[​IMG]

cankersaur likes this.