Modding Help Accessing chest inventory using SMAPI

Discussion in 'Mods' started by XxPapsiViper, Mar 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. XxPapsiViper

XxPapsiViper Void-Bound Voyager

I was wondering if anyone has been able to access the inventory of a unopened chest using SMAPI? If so could you please help me?

• RyoShinzo

RyoShinzo Space Hobo

I'm also searching for a mod like this. It is really annoying having to run back to the farm if you want to give someone a gift, but you don't have the item with you. Because with the current implementation of time and run speed, it takes a few hours.

• ThatNorthernMonkey

ThatNorthernMonkey Aquatic Astronaut

Could technically be a feature of CraftPlus SMAPI (currently being ported) due to the fact it already accesses items from unopened chests from anywhere, to use as crafting ingredients.

• Anderson Yagami

Anderson Yagami Void-Bound Voyager

:cancel::cancel::cancel::cancel::cancel: disapproval
          its too much for stardew valley :facepalm:, the fun in the game is that , next time dont forget the item behind -.- , u guys are too lazy gezz ...................
          modding for that is out of the realitty (at least for me) , i mean , let it be and make your brain work next time and DO NOT forget a item or try again later. :lod:
          my oppinion, :lickitung:

• ThatNorthernMonkey

ThatNorthernMonkey Aquatic Astronaut

It's a mod request :) if you don't like the idea, you're more than welcome not to use it :)

Hammurabi, zyymurgy and killerroy like this.
            • Anderson Yagami

Sure, i just said what i thinkg about this. But there are alot usefull things to do then use a lazy mod, its kinda a GM abillity on my view anyway, but the important is, "if u used it u ruined the game" consider urself a cheater :devil:
              well ,
              what is the horse for ? and what is the cart for ? what is the telleport for ? damn :mad:

Some requests are totally stupid you know ....

• SmaugBaggins

SmaugBaggins Existential Complex

Regardless there is no reason to be rude if it is something that you do not find interest in simply keep on going about your way there is no justification in posting a rude and mean comment just cause you do not like what they are talking about. Most of this community is kind and nice to each other please if you have a issue with what someone is talking about just go on your way

Hammurabi and zyymurgy like this.
                • killerroy

killerroy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Noone is interested in your opinion without any help for the request

• Anderson Yagami

im kind on my way , but not at this ..... the community is for u to express your opinion too , we're free to say ours opinion , i said what i think... simple like this.
                    im not rude , just realistic.

anyways , what u think about this "mod" ?
                    for me its not a on top prior , not even for a request. srry if i seem rude but im not.

• rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

:) try to express your opinion in a polite manner at least. Remember that no one is forced to download mods.

• Anderson Yagami

I see but , i should say it irl too im not hidding behind the internet to say, soo . anyway ill try to be more polite next time , i just dont understand , when something is stupid , it really is. lol , so u say it.

Think with me, there should be a thread for cheat request mod.... and this actually one is open , when u open thread u know the purpose, and its a cheat.

• SmaugBaggins

SmaugBaggins Existential Complex

personally i like the concept of the mod there are times when i am filling out the community center board and i forget item or have too much in my inventory at the time (i like to do mass turnins

• rhomboid

some people prefer to play games differently. even if you think it's stupid maybe someone else doesn't want to worry abt something :)

Hammurabi likes this.
                            • RyoShinzo

RyoShinzo Space Hobo

There are mods that make you invincible, give you unlimited stamina, endless gold, water your plants by the push of a button, etc. And you complain about this?

I personally don't like to make a schedule every time I start a new day. So when I return in the evening from the mines, make a stop at the calendar and notice that someone has birthday, it is usually too late to go back to the farm, grab the present and come back. Because this could take over 2 hours and by then it could be too late, since it might be after 8pm and I cannot enter the person's house anymore.

In the end I think everyone should enjoy Stardew Valley the way they like to. I think this game is really good, but this thing is just annoying me. So without it, for me personally the game would be even greater and I would enjoy it more. If you don't think so, fine. But what you think is stupid, is not objectively stupid. It is just your personal opinion, nothing more.

Hammurabi likes this.
                              • Anderson Yagami

its better to follow the game rules , otherwise .... better u play Barbie Safary or Sponge Bob... if u cant remember what ppl to give gifts and etc... pac man is also a option.
                                The game is nice as it is!!!
                                Should be better if the autor make a cheat request intead.... its my opinion. ( im a not rude way) :)

• rhomboid

look, this is a request for a mod. if you don't want the mod, don't bother with the thread. i'll consider any more conversation about how worthwhile the mod is to be off-topic and give warnings.