1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Access violation error: Can't play game! :(

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by DrBob3002, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ledskof

ledskof Space Hobo

2. vancity604

vancity604 Space Hobo

That didnt workk. :/ This is making me so mad :(

3. TheDrillKeeper

TheDrillKeeper Void-Bound Voyager

Tried everything. UAC on. Ran as admin. Checked drivers and I don't have any form of Xonar. This is frustrating.

4. VenomIreland

VenomIreland Yeah, You!

I can confirm that turning UAC back on now lets the game load for me.

5. Capital

Capital Space Hobo

I h
    I get those same 3 pop ups with Starsignal handler.
    I have tried running as Admin and it had the same result.
    I use Windows XP as well.

maytora likes this.
  6. LittleBill902

LittleBill902 Space Hobo

Just adding that turning on UAC on Windows 8 x64 and removing all the administrator/OS compatibility modes worked. no other workaround worked such as the administrator compatibility modes or win7 mode

7. TheDaltonBaker

TheDaltonBaker Void-Bound Voyager

Yup, same problem, just run as admin.

8. ucnaHez

ucnaHez Tentacle Wrangler

I have this problem too. Windows XP x 32

9. BetrayerOfNihil

BetrayerOfNihil Master Chief

Me too. I don't think there's a run as administrator option, the only things I can do are using compatibility with Windows 95, 98, ME, and 2000, but those obviously are not going to work when the minimum requirements say Windows XP.

I'll try to look around some. At least I'm not alone, and at least I know it's not just my computer being shitty as usual. :/

maytora likes this.
  10. GregB

GregB Void-Bound Voyager

As others have suggested, using the Prio Task affinity manager I was able to run Starbound if I made it run only on core 0. It does run but with lots of lag. So this is a pretty strong indicator of where the problem is. However, as a programmer myself I know I wouldn't want to have to try to figure out this one. Good luck ChuckleFish. From what I was able to see of the game it looks wonderful.

11. RMJ

RMJ Void-Bound Voyager

Still crashes hard on Windows 7 x64. admin doesnt do anything, infact it only crashes even quicker now.

12. bluesymmetry

bluesymmetry Void-Bound Voyager

Having this problem when launching starbound_server.exe

13. em202020

em202020 Void-Bound Voyager

Im on XP Home SP3 x86.
    Getting this error on launch. All my friends are playing, and I'm just sitting here crying :c

Tried running as Admin, verifying cashe, installing on ext. HDD, installing on internal HDD

Halp ::::::::c

14. Jman1177

Jman1177 Void-Bound Voyager

I couldn't set the affinity post-launch because the game crashed immediately, so I used the command prompt to launching the game on a single core. I got the same error :(

15. wolvern

wolvern Orbital Explorer

ONLINE ARMOR.... major cause of the bugs... closed it and protection... game works..

16. bluezero2x

bluezero2x Intergalactic Tourist

Try this guys. ive noticed it does this to me if i change the password associated to the dedicated server in the config file. if i restart the server, it crashes. i have to restart the whole computer to make it work again. for me, any change to the config requires a full reboot for the server to work again. might work for you guys!

17. BetrayerOfNihil

BetrayerOfNihil Master Chief

I know how you feel. :c

18. Jman1177

Jman1177 Void-Bound Voyager

This is me. I've tried literally every fix on the forums, contacted support, no good. Very, very frustrating. I've been able to fix problems with some of my friends games, but not mine >.> Hopefully this update will come soon and it'll fix the problem.

19. Subtrance

Subtrance Seal Broken

Same. Still waiting on that patch to come out to fix XP. All three violation errors that people posted here....Each and every time. Only manages to get to the loading screen.

And yes, I was looking into updating to Win 7 but it isn't as easy as people make it sound right now. My situation doesn't allow it. Spent the time catching up on Pokemon Y. I'm worried that I'll only play Starbound for one day and put it back on the digital shelf from the spent patience on waiting and ignoring trolls.

20. Sloyner

Sloyner Aquatic Astronaut

Do the following:

Check if you have a CD or DVD in your drive or even if you have a mounted image from Daemontools or Alcohol 120% and remove it from your virtual drive! That could be the problem!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.