1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue ACCESS VIOLATION DETECTED

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Illumenated, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Illumenated

Illumenated Void-Bound Voyager

Whenever I launch starbound (which is updated to the lastest version) I get this error window that says Fatal Error: Access Violation Detected.

I have tried running both 32bit and 64bit applications in compatibility mode for win7 and win8. ( They were also run as admin)

I've reinstalled the game multiple time manually and through steam.

Windows 10 64bit
    8GB RAM
    GTX 750ti

2. ishneek

ishneek Aquatic Astronaut

i think i have a fix for that but this fix makes your game laggy as hell almost to the point that you cant even play the game properly i i fix that problem with some openGL thingy it works for me but laggy you can i try it just search IT ON youtube his channel name is OreiaSeca Gaming you can try it if you want just reply on me if it works

3. Hypsellis

Hypsellis Void-Bound Voyager

I found the problem, go in the Starbound config at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\storage and vsync to false, it worked for me, so it should work for you. ;)

ishneek likes this.
  4. ishneek

ishneek Aquatic Astronaut

well before that problemi also got that fatal error problem thingy and i fix that with the open GL thingy i was now able to load the main menu i set everything in graphics to lowbut i still able to get about 1-5 fps until the game is just plain i might try doing the vsync disable thingy thanks for the suggestion