1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Access Violation at adress 00000000. Read of adress 00000000 when starting the game since I bought i

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rongar, Jul 30, 2013.

1. generalwu

generalwu Space Hobo

Yeah. They need to fix it.

• NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

NOOOOO
      NOT AGAIN!!!!
      I think a recent update caused this error to pop back up again and now i cannot play!!!
      THIS IS A SERIOUS ISSUE!!! NOT TO BE OVERLOOKED!!!

i feel as if they should not have released the final version yet as it is TOO buggy to be played

• Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

I get same problem. Any ideas on how to fix it? Oh, and @hopoo can you help us too? There're many solutions, but I don't know which of them helps. You're the dev, you know better)

• NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

I'd help but sadly i got rid of the computer that was having that error... so if i try it might just be 3x more difficult to solve the problem then it should be

• Koyomi

Koyomi Aquatic Astronaut

Found a solution for this, i know is too late now but here it is:
            Move your risk of rain file to "C:\" , if necessary re-install the game in that directory instead of steam games file.
            Had the same problem with WoW some time ago, and that was the solution at their forums, so i just tried this with this game, hope it helps, since this thread is still top 1 on google when you search risk of rain acess violation.