Suggestion About "World Events" separated in Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by ShiningShiva, May 20, 2018.

1. ShiningShiva

ShiningShiva Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi there, everybody.

First thing first, I'd like to thank ConcernedApe for the awesome game he brought and the great addition that is the multiplayer mode.

I've been playing since Friday with my gf (we're just two in our game), I host the game but she's got a few remarks about how the "equilibrium" between host and the other player feels "unbalanced". Please do note that we play on Steam with an "unofficial french patched" version, with all the risks that includes, like lots of crashes when we "chit-chat" with any NPC (let's say that when we cross Hayley taking photographs in the field, the game crashes when I want to talk to her but it doesn't do that when I go talk to Clint in order to forge my tools. BUT the game systematically crashes if I stay in french and go see Robin to build anything. For all those problems, I'm sure it came from the french patch, for having read a few error logs) or crashes when entering certain events, like the Easter Egg Chase. Anyway.

Concerning the quests displayed on Pierre's billboard; I (the host) have new ones regularily, likeevery two days or so, but for the whole Spring season, she only got two. So, maybe it is because of the french patch, maybe not, but for this fact, I don't know if it is deliberate or just a bug. Also, it would feels a lot "cooperative" if we could share the quest, just one having one goal and going his little goal all by himself seems a tad selfish. As we like to share when we play, it saddens us quite a bit to see that I've got to fing 45 copper for Clint and if she goes mining with me, all the copper she'll get won't count in the objective, for example.

Regarding the Mine, I guess it fits in the "World Event" side of the game, but only one chest for two players every ten levels feels a little cheap, in our opinion. At least each player deserves a reward for going deeper and deeper, no? ^_^

About the Community Center, when we finish a task, it is the player that gives the last piece who gets the reward. You could tell me that "You like to play cooperatively, so share", but we feel a little cheated like yesterday night, she put the three first fishes in the River Fish Bundle; I came and put the Tiger Trout and got the reward and she gets nothing. Know what I mean?

Also, I was wondering. The other player doesn't have a pet in his character creation sheet BUT' when we arrived to the adoption day, first try (in french), she got one but the game crashed right after choosing a name, second try (in english), she got one but it crashed, third try (eng) nothing happend, no adoption at all,same for the forth, also in english and the last one french did the but at least didn't crashed.

Lastly, she feels that the other player isn't the "equal" of the host. No shipping bin, no pet, no quest, no fireplace, just one chest for two every tenth level in the mine

I hope I didn't bothered any of you (although I'm aware that modding with the MP aren't two quite stable things in this early stage and maybe all the stuff I've wrote isn't quite relevant) with my questions and remarks but if it is possible, I hope maybe we'll got some answers.

Thanks to all of you and keep on playing. ;) And keep up the good work!

• Asian Clark Kent

Asian Clark Kent Intergalactic Tourist

I believe you can have Robin build you another shipping bin. And I was told that if both people open the chest at the same time then both people get the reward. (Correct me if I'm wrong please)