About the divorce option in Stardew Valley..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leludar, Dec 27, 2016.

?

Who would you marry to despite being with a different character?

1. Sam

6.7%
  2. Sebastian

13.3%
  3. Harvey

3.3%
  4. Alex

16.7%
  5. Elliott

3.3%
  6. Shane

10.0%
  7. Abigail

10.0%
  8. Haley

6.7%
  9. Leah

6.7%
  10. ....(Someone else)

23.3%
  1. Leludar

Leludar Title Not Found

Hi guys!
    I recently divorced Sam in Stardew Valley since I think Abigail is just a way more of a cooler person.
    However, I tried looking up if divorcing a character means you'll get the Mermaid Pendant back and be able to re-marry someone else. I did not find an answer. The only thing I read is that you'll be able to re-marry your ex-spouse if you delete his memory by making an offer to the witch. Does anyone know if you can marry someone else after divorcing?

Since I haven't recieved the Mermaid Pendant back after divorcing Sam..
    I wonder if this even is a possibility,or will it be in the future?

Thanks for reading!
    Leludar :casper:

Ps: I posted this in the wrong section before... oops.

(Sam after divorce)
    20161227172846_1.jpg

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I'm not 100% sure but I would guess that you'd need to buy the pendent again from the mariner, same as before you were married. I haven't gone down this route myself though so I'm not sure.

Leludar and MrToni300 like this.
      • Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Aww no, poor Sam, you're dumping him for his friend? D:
        But anyway, Like Luthien said, I'm assuming you'll have to buy the pendant from the old mariner again. Have you tried that?

Btw, unrelated question, is it possible to befriend your ex if you don't mind-wipe them?

• La Chair

La Chair Big Damn Hero

When 1.1 first came out I divorced my spouse in order to woo Emily. I signed the book in Mayor Fastbucks house and wiped their memory. I lost all hearts with that character but did not lose the Stardrop. When I got Emily up to 10 hearts I had to purchase another pendant.

Leludar likes this.
          • Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

That raises another question, do you get a stardrop from your second spouse?

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
            • Cemo

Cemo Phantasmal Quasar

No you don't.

• Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

As an answer to the poll, I really think Sandy needs bit more love. I mean, she's confined in that desert, poor girl.

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Aww, that might just have been the only reason why I'd try out the divorce option xD

• Ambaaargh

Ambaaargh Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Its hard for me to really say because generally I am a dork who has like 6 saves, with a different spouse on each. So divorce was never really a thing that I considered much cause if I really wanted another spouse I'd just fire up a new save. :rofl:

As for the question as other folks said, I imagine once you get another prospective spouse up to 10 its just a matter of finding the mariner on a rainy day and buying a new pendant.

Leludar likes this.
                    • MrsEvilbird

MrsEvilbird Pangalactic Porcupine

There's no way to befriend an ex spouse,((Edit:unless you wipe their memory)) since they will only have 1 thing to say to you if you try to talk to them..
                      I even tried to gift an ex spouse without wiping their memory, needles to say, it didn't work.
                      But as soon as you are divorced, and has another pendant, you can go right ahead and marry another.

You'll, however, still have to find the marine on another rainy day for another pendant.

I've been through quite a few marriages on my main, since i enjoy exploring everything new :b
                      Atm i'm married to elliot, which isn't as bad as i would have thought, haha..
                      They all have something great to add, but my all time favorite is still Maru (married 4 in-game years, is on year 5 now),
                      she's just always so happy with that cute smile of hers, and easy going attitude :3

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
                        Leludar likes this.
                      • La Chair

La Chair Big Damn Hero

I don't think this is correct. I my memory serves me correct, the memory wipe in the witches hut starts you off from scratch with your Ex. I could be wrong though.

• MrsEvilbird

MrsEvilbird Pangalactic Porcupine

True, if you wipe their memory you can start from scratch with them..
                          But if you don't, you'll get nowhere with them D;

(forgot to add an "unless you wipe their memory" to my original statement, my bad!)

Leludar likes this.
                          • Leludar

Leludar Title Not Found

Thank you for all the answers!
                            I did think about the possibility that you may need to buy the pendant again. But since I read it was a ''one time'' item I doubted that would work. Besides, I'm in winter right now so I'll have to wait before I can buy the pendant again :casper:

Thanks again!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
                            • Leludar

Leludar Title Not Found

Haha, Yes I wish Sandy atleast got to visit the valley every now and then. Or that Emily's dialogue changed after you fixed the bus. Since she says something in the lines of ''I wish I could visit my friend Sandy today..''. I wish that would change to something like:''This is a great time to visit the desert!'', and you'd actually find Emily hanging out at her shop.

Surenu and Neosaneo like this.