1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Able to connect to IP but friends can't join

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by CaveInKevin, Dec 6, 2013.

1. CaveInKevin

CaveInKevin Intergalactic Tourist

I am able to enter my IPv4 address and go into my own server but my friends are unable to connect. It was fine yesterday but after the update, it kinda went splush. Anyone have any idea on how to solve this or any other workaround?

2. Throne

Throne Space Spelunker

I ran into the issue that my default_configuration.config was reset after today's patch, did you have the port changed or anything else that may have been rolled back?

3. CaveInKevin

What do you mean by reset? I'm pretty sure that my port is still the same, I'm able to open up the server and beam into my world just fine. My sister tried to connect but she couldn't even though it worked well yesterday. We're under the same roof.

4. blitzkriegg

blitzkriegg Tentacle Wrangler

This happened to me and a friend just a bit ago; it turned out the update hadn't run for one of us (even though it said the latest version name in game). Try having both players close out completely and check for updates. Works fine after doing so.

5. CaveInKevin

Ok, will try :)

EDIT: It worked! Thanks Blitzkriegg! CASE CLOSED!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013