Dev Blog A Very Merry 2015 Round-Up

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Original Post

2. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

And yet, still no Christmas update for Starbound. What good is having all those unused Christmas decoration assets when they aren't enabled for Christmas?

3. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

I'm feeling a bit emotional now

4. Heartstrings

Heartstrings Giant Laser Beams

What? I wasn't crying. Crying wasn't on my agenda for today. N-no, seriously!

5. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

I am at tears... You brought a lizard to tears... You brought a cold blooded, psychopathic, bi-persona, dapper lizard man to tears... Here's to 2016 being the greatest year in chucklefish history... (And that's a tall order what with risk of rain)

ninja601, Axe Garian and mollygos like this.
  6. renbear

renbear Cosmic Narwhal

Please correct the original post to point to this actual thread. Also, the screenshot doesn't "click for full size".
    (And please put "fix skyrails" in the to-do list!)

Edit: D'oh! "Click for full size" works in the thread here. Still doesn't work on the front page, though.

sheeshaslasher likes this.
  7. RitsuHasano

RitsuHasano Existential Complex

There's been no Christmas update because you've been a bad little Torchic this year, Mackinz. For shame on you. For SHAME.

8. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

Happy holidays ChuckleFish! :DD

Here's to an amazing 2016! :party: :party: :party:

n1t3n and Axe Garian like this.
  9. That's weird! Thank you for pointing that out, I thought I'd fixed it. Fixed now. It's been tricky without the Xenforo -> Wordpress bridge. :( First thing I'm taking care of in 2016.

Axe Garian, Kawa and renbear like this.
  10. Plex_Director

Plex_Director Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey Chucklefish team! Thanks for all the good stuff you gave us this whole year!
    May 2016 be an even better year full of Starbound goodness.
    Enjoy your holidays!

Axe Garian likes this.
  11. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

*salutes* HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR! THATS A OHDER! *shakes fist angry at everone and the devs*
    ,or whatever your celebrating

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
    Axe Garian likes this.
  12. Zetlin97

Zetlin97 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So glad i got back into SB this year

Axe Garian likes this.
  13. thefrenchboy120

thefrenchboy120 Master Chief

enjoy your christmas!

Axe Garian likes this.
  14. Phantaeon

Phantaeon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Someone should make a Starbound christmas song.

Axe Garian likes this.
  15. SorenTheAvian

SorenTheAvian Subatomic Cosmonaut

AAGH!
    It's....it's happening again...
    The chuckles are returning
    NAY, THEY HAVE ALREADY ARRIVED
    Oh god, please save me from this fate
    I can hear them approaching...
    *A-heh-heh*
    ERR:chucklefish:R:cancel:

petethepug and Axe Garian like this.
  16. IamMisc

IamMisc Void-Bound Voyager

I want to know who built that dunny in the playtest screenshot. I never thought I'd see the day someone builds an outdoor toilet to test their video game, but Chucklefish has proven me direly, direly ignorant.

n1t3n, mollygos and Axe Garian like this.
  17. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

"Welcome to Dunny, friend. You and I are gonna be for a looong time."

renbear and Axe Garian like this.
  18. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Merry Christmas to everyone, including the Devs! :DD

I hope 2016 can bring the Racial Armor Set Bonuses that'll let my Glitch dig faster, & Flying Mining Mechs so I can Mine, Dig Up, Demolition, & Build like one has never been able to do in Minecraft without the Tekkit Mod, & Terraria before the Implementation of the Mining Vehicle Mount! I am Glitch, hear me dig so much up that my entire Clan really does think i'm Glitched In The Head being capable of ENJOYING doing that! :sparta:

Elevators rock! Screw Stairs from now on. Having Stairs take ya up the elevation to higher floors then if ya wanted to stay on the lower floor ya gotta waste your time manually jumping back down off the Stairs? Screw that! Elevators are win! (Even having to carefully jump down many levels of Platforms to get down yet not accidentally fall damage yourself is annoying & just not lazy enough.)

Teleporters & Flags being able to serve as Beam Down Points are also epic win! :love: (Especially for those of us opting for Underground Bases!)

Al in all, it's been a good Starbound year. :up:

19. Atromixx

Atromixx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Merry Christmas, Happy holidays, Whatever you celebrate, Its been a good year :rofl:

SEE YOU IN 2016!

Axe Garian likes this.
  20. IvanIceSpike

IvanIceSpike Void-Bound Voyager

1st: PLEASE REMOVE THE DAMAGE ON TOUCH, IT IS HORRIBLE AND A DRAWBACK ON THE COMBAT SYSTEM!!! (Although, it would be ok for literally danger coated things)
    Now that that is out of the way, happy holidays chuckleficsh, you are awesome!

Lemuria, Murplesman, n1t3n and 2 others like this.