A very late introduction, including philosophy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by cvbbot, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

Right, I understand all that. The only thing I'd say is that roles are pretty interchangeably since both of them are just making their lives easier, one job is just harder (or maybe not) than the other. A construction worker is undoubtedly working for the future as well, for the building he's working on provides comfort and convenience to those who use it later in time. Just as the engineer makes a tool to help the construction worker, I think they both work for the future of society. Not that motives have a real role in any of this, but you can't call out on person for actually being a future person when all they could care about is getting paid. The engineer has a family with friends too, and just like everyone else, money is most likely a huge importance to him. I'd say the true admiral people are the ones who work without expecting much in return such as Social workers. (But that's a different topic) Anyways, I can't say humanity is exactly divided into these two types specifically seeing as how literally every type of us is needed to make us keep going. I'd place it as more of... levels of difficulty in terms of the job- as opposed to who the job effects. Well, either way... I was just a little put off by the first post I talked where it seemed like you said we should have less caring societal members in the world.

cvbbot likes this.
  2. Pseudoboss

Pseudoboss Spaceman Spiff

Oops. :( I apparently have too many tabs open. I was hoping to type that into another place. I was probably listening to it too much. i still find it fascinating. A good amount of philosophising and actually interesting History. Though my statement is kinda wierd without context.

cvbbot likes this.
  3. Juice Box

Juice Box Pangalactic Porcupine

Juice Box likes you

4. cvbbot

cvbbot Pangalactic Porcupine

I like you too

Say, you have hole.... right?

Core and Juice Box like this.
  5. Pseudoboss

Pseudoboss Spaceman Spiff

A hole? A whole hole?