1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED A.V.I.A.N. Avian Core

Artificial Visual Intelligent Assistance Network

1. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

Dependencies are so Enraged Koala. For Upbeat Giraffe, you'll need to study up on "requiring" and "including" mods within your mod's .modinfo file to eliminate the need to delete other race mods' .ai files.

For example:
    Code:
    {
      "name" : "A.V.I.A.N. My Race",
      "version" : "Beta v. Upbeat Giraffe",
      "requires" : ["My Race Mod"]
    }
    This will tell Starbound to attempt to load the "required" mods before loading the A.V.I.A.N. mod. If any of the "required" mods aren't present, then the A.V.I.A.N. mod won't load either.

Or, if you want a master A.V.I.A.N. mod that cuts down on space by sharing common files (such as .png files) across several races, then perhaps this would be better:
    Code:
    {
      "name" : "A.V.I.A.N.",
      "includes" : ["Race #1 Mod", "Race #2 Mod", "Race #3 Mod", "Etc."]
    }
    Like with "required" mods, this will tell Starbound to attempt to load the "included" mods before loading the A.V.I.A.N. mod. However, even if the "included" mods aren't present, the A.V.I.A.N. mod will still load.

Using this method, you can create .patch files for other mods' assets. (I've used this to, for example, add Shadow-Casting Lighting to objects within the Pixel Goods Store mod.) Also, any patches made to non-existing files won't be applied, and won't cause the game to crash, so a master mod to share assets and reduce unnecessary file space is quite feasible.

Wulf_Oman likes this.
  2. Cgeta

Cgeta Pangalactic Porcupine

Ooh, sounds very nice :D
    Thanks!

Though, it was peoples request that I make it possible for them to replace every ai manually. Some people want it to replace only the avian ai, for example. So I will probably stick keeping each one seperate instead of using a big master version. Even thought it was a lot easier to do.
    Or, at the moment, the base file is here to replace things that can be replaced only once. So, everything it contains will be used by every race, and it doesn't need to be dedicated to any race.

I have now also moved the png file to the base folder. So, the individual race mods, contain really only the unshareable files. Or what I think are unshareable. Pretty much just the aicommands, and the aiconfic patch that adds the avian to the selected race.

3. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

So, something like this?
    Code:
    {
      "name" : "A.V.I.A.N. My Race Addon",
      "requires" : ["A.V.I.A.N. Base Mod", "My Race Mod"]
    }

4. Cgeta

Could you please link me to the latest version? I can't seem to find it :unsure:

I thiiiiiiink, yes! I haven't thought about adding the base mod as requirement before, but it only makes sense =D

5. Cgeta

Cgeta updated A.V.I.A.N. with a new update entry:

Custom race additions

Read the rest of this update entry...

For some reason the site accepted this version again, so, no google drive for now.
    Aka, the most up to date version is here on the mod page.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
    Jeng10 and Wulf_Oman like this.
  6. SomeOtherGuy

SomeOtherGuy Title Not Found

7. zxczxczbfg

zxczxczbfg Big Damn Hero

Very nice mod, I'm going to use it to replace the dumb-as-bricks default Avian AI.

8. Jeng10

Jeng10 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

9. Cgeta

Dun! :D

Sorry if it took two days. I wanted to do it yesterday, but there was stormy weather outside and some minor blackouts in my place. So I didn't really want to start anything only to have it eventually get corrupted.
    If there's more request for custom races, I'll put it in the main mod and update it, but for now you can download it here:

Attached Files:

10. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Hey, Cgeta, could you link to the custom race-specific files on the main mod page?

11. Cgeta

The custom race versions are already part of the mod; only the avali version has to be downloaded from the thread here because I don't know if I should update the whole mod for every individual race I add.
    I should probably wait for a while until there's some more requests so I can make the update with multiples at once.
    But I'll change the description a little so it's more obvious-

12. Dragon_Tom005

Dragon_Tom005 Existential Complex

How about the Kazdra Race? :pwease:

13. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

stay awsome cgeta this mod is soooo cute!

14. NeuRazgriz

NeuRazgriz Subatomic Cosmonaut

It closes the game as soon i go to the S.A.I.L.'s\A.V.I.A.N.'s computer and press "Reboot" with the mod "Felins". Do i have to remove something from the Felins mod?

15. Cgeta

Hmm, it seems to work fine for me.
    Do you maybe have an older version of the mod? Or do you use any other mods that might clash with it?

What does the log say?
    Or the error message at least

Also the Kazdra and Kineptic versions:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
    jajoe98 likes this.
  16. NeuRazgriz

NeuRazgriz Subatomic Cosmonaut

No errors. The game just closes.
    i updated both AVIAN and the Felins.

Now,with the novakid,i just got this error:
    This happens when i try to change my tech. I'll now try to reinstall both AVIAN and Felin.

[​IMG]

EDIT: ALL RIGHT!! It works now. I reinstalled the AVIAN mod,it was my fault: i forgot to remove the older AVIAN's folder,and to read the README. All works now,this new install procedure it's amazing,imho.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  17. StarBond007

StarBond007 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Now im having a bit of an issue for all the 7 main races
    For what ever reason i cant use or unlock tech with this mod. I used to but now no more. This is the error message i get:

(AssestException) Could not read variant value
    /interface/ai/ai.config:unlockTechText

Hopefully this can be fixed or my problem solved as this is my favorite ai mod.
    -Thanks

18. Cgeta

I'll be looking into that issue

19. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

Hey the Avali mod went live again and your work is superb. Any chance you'd consider a second such SAIL program or mind me basing one off of your work?

20. Wulf_Oman

Wulf_Oman Existential Complex