1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED A true Avian space ship - The Airship!

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by Sikozu, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Sikozu

Sikozu Void-Bound Voyager

After coming across many Avian airship dungeons in game I decided that what the game really needed was a fitting space ship for the Avians to fly!

[​IMG]

This is an exact copy of the dungeon, mirrored to fly the "right" way, with a few extra torches. All the blocks and ship equipment are mine-able so things can be moved around to your liking. I have not yet implemented all the furniture, only the platforms, lighting, flags and propellers are currently in. A custom ship image file has been made to give it suitable propulsion to fly all that mass!

It has a fuel capacity of 10,000, along with an extra ship storage locker (made so that only 1 set of starter items spawn).

The glass canopy is all in the ship image file so that it doesn't get in the way (so just for looks), and the placeable area goes around the wooden blocks of the bottom of the hull and then extends from the front and back quite high in the air.

I will probably update at the weekend with the full ship, furniture and NPC's all included!

To install simply download the attached file and unzip, then paste the "avian" folder into your ships folder (for Windows 7/8 users its at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\assets\ships ). Overwrite all existing files, I have included backups of the originals in the folder if you want to revert to stock.

As the entire ship is spawned from the block map this is completely multilayer compatible, people without the mod just won't see the artwork of the engines/canopy.

NEW DOWNLOAD LINK: http://goo.gl/ZHypF9

Sikozu

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
    LiplessHail, Destructor and Conir like this.
  2. Sikozu

Also might be worth making a new character after the patch later tonight - one of the changes is that you will be invincible on your ship. That means the propellers wont kill you when you jump into them!!!

3. Rune the Red Panda

Rune the Red Panda Existential Complex

Awesome! I'm totally gonna use this! (I might edit it as well)

4. Destructor

Destructor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Absolutely epic.

Now all you need to do is place some Avian NPC spawners and everyone can have a party whenever you travel from planet to planet.

5. Rainbowkitten

Rainbowkitten Space Hobo

6. Rune the Red Panda

Rune the Red Panda Existential Complex

7. Rainbowkitten

Rainbowkitten Space Hobo

Yeah. I fixed it but I just thought it was hilarious on old characters. :p

8. gabgab01

gabgab01 Space Spelunker

uhm... doesn't work on servers, i guess...

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  9. Sikozu

You need to create a character on single player first. If you create the character on multi-player then it will use the blockmap from the server's files and not the modified one that you have installed.

Otherwise it will work fine in multi-player. Other players who do not have the mod will see the vast majority of the ship, as it is made out of blocks. The only part they won't see is the custom artwork, they will see the normal avian ship skin.

I will update later to bring it in line with the new modding system.

10. I Am a Secret Wizard

I Am a Secret Wizard Astral Cartographer

Love the mod, but I was wondering if you could realize a version without the glass canopy. Thanks!

11. KemarRaijin

KemarRaijin Space Hobo

it won't let me grab the mod T.T

12. kungfudude

kungfudude Void-Bound Voyager

the link is kinda broken

13. gigaiDX

gigaiDX Void-Bound Voyager

for some reason i'm not able to download it, just like the last 2 posts. idk .3.

14. Sikozu

I've posted a link to download from Google drive, and also updated it to use the mod system. Just drop the folder inside the .zip into your starbound mods folder and it should work. Let me know if there is any problems.

15. Sikozu

I'll edit the image to take off the canopy for you, check back later.

16. Bloolink

Bloolink Industrial Terraformer

People in Multiplayer won't see the custom image, but they'll still see the floating booster flames at the back :/ anyone know how to fix this?

17. SweFox

SweFox Guest

Nice bump.

The server needs the same mod.

18. Bloolink

Sorry about that. Just needed to ask. The author hasn't been online since Sunday! Haha.

It's the same in single player, if you delete the custom image file then you're left with floating booster flames on the back of the ship where the image of the thrusters is missing.

Also, there's a lot of restrictions on it, like blocks that can't be placed in certain areas and blocks that can't be deleted. Any way to remove all restrictions?

19. SweFox

SweFox Guest

There are invisible block, might be that ;).

20. Bloolink

Can they just be mined? :eek: