A tale of Dragons and Sweetrolls: The Skyrim thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by hatakesans, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Gilligan Lanley

Gilligan Lanley Space Kumquat

I remember the first time I got orbited, I was too amused to be mad. My exact reaction was
    [​IMG]

Corraidhín and Lil' Mini like this.
  2. Gilligan Lanley

That reminds me of when I first started playing Skyrim. All the Nords were talking about Sovngarde, I was was thinking that they were all just being religious nuts... boy was I wrong.

3. Lil' Mini

Lil' Mini Phantasmal Quasar

I had actually never seen so much gameplay of Skyrim until I started playing myself, so I didn't really knew anything about the giants. Good thing I kept my distance. :rofl:

Gilligan Lanley likes this.
  4. Gilligan Lanley

My friend told me when I seen him playing "You see those guys? Those giants? Don't let them hit you." And of course when I played it, I had to let them hit me just to see why.

Lil' Mini likes this.
  5. hatakesans

hatakesans Subatomic Cosmonaut

The first experience I had with Giants was in Sleeping Tree Camp along with Lydia. Naturally I sent Lydia off to test the Giants powers and before I can even blink she had entered the atmosphere. In a panic I ran to the Sleeping Tree Cave and saw the corpse of Ulag with a Giant's Club where his head should be and a single Giant. I was unfortunately discovered and soon met the same fate as poor Ulag.

Corraidhín and Gilligan Lanley like this.
  6. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Well... after my khajiit was sent to orbit, I decided to keep my distance (after a few unsuccessfull tries to kill one) ad was so pleasantly surprised by a giant when I was ambushed by bandits. He kept sending them to orbit one by one, and left me in peace lol, after that I never shot at one again.

7. keyboredcat

keyboredcat Void-Bound Voyager

Ohh man now I wanna play (aka mod) Skyrim again!
    This was my character Renyn back when I played constantly:

[​IMG]

Gilligan Lanley and hatakesans like this.
  8. hatakesans

Awesome! That was a really nice shot of your character!

9. Lil' Mini

I do miss one thing from Oblivion though in Skyrim. The Hand to Hand skill. (I bet that there's some mod for it, but since my computer can't handle Skyrim, I'm playing it on the PS3.) Maxing that out and beating the shit out of everything, man and beast alike was so much fun. In a fight with a bear? Knock that son of a female hound on it's back with a swing of your fist. In a fight with a marauder? Shove your fingers in his face and he will freeze solid. And it was so much fun training that skill on humans because when you're on apprentice or higher (at such points during the Hand to Hand skill career where you didn't do so much damage) you always damaged their fatigue, and they would suddenly just drop down when you're flailing your arms about. I would absolutely love to have it in Skyrim. I can only hope that it will be thing again in the upcoming game.

hatakesans likes this.
  10. hatakesans

Im now craving a Fist Of the North Star mod for Skyrim. Nothing can be more broken and awesome than punching a dragon in its face and telling it that its already dead.

Turns out someone already made this mod.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2016
    Lil' Mini likes this.
  11. Lil' Mini

I thought of a... Less violent form of Hand to Hand, but this is awesome. :rofl:

hatakesans likes this.
  12. hatakesans

Hokuto no Shinken is indeed very awesome, but it always leaves a big mess xD. Here is a basic version of it (enemies dont blow up lol)and its just perks to give you a edge with H2H
    http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9516/?tab=1&navtag=http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/ajax/moddescription/?id=9516&preview=&pUp=1
    http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11069/?

On another note I've been roleplaying as a Nord Master Swordsman called Kjarik the Unending.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  13. hippiecheese

hippiecheese Star Wrangler

In my first run of Skyrim I was a sneaky theif, I donned the armor of the dark brotherhood and sniped my enemies from the shadows. I stole many treasures which I then hoarded in my home I built outside of Falkreath. I also stole things I didn't need for the fun of it, sometimes I'd steal things I didn't even want! I hunted many deer, elk, wolves, bears, cats, and giants, and slew many hunters to get as many furs as I could to practice my smithing. I crafted the perfect bow and was unstoppable. Sometimes I slew random travelers on the road, I wasn't affiliated with either side so all were fair game.

I haven't ever finished the game completely, but i'm still making new characters and having fun with it!

14. hatakesans

Fair play to you for managing to become truly neutral. Ive always sided with the Imperials because its what Talos would have wanted however I hate getting in trouble in the holds considering how much a pain it is to get confronted by every guard.

Just started another playthrough with a character that looks coincidently like Kakashi-sensei.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. hippiecheese

Ha! He does! It looks fantastic. Whoever made the mods for that did a good job! I'm actually in the middle of learning to mod skyrim myself, I'm working on a mod to poke fun at somebody that used to be my friend. the whole mod will be one big inside joke, but I'll still publish it in the steam workshop when finished. After I publish that one i plan on making one that replaces the sneak attack sound with little farts. :rofl:

hatakesans likes this.
  16. hatakesans

Thank you, i did spend a bit of time on the race menu and looking for the right style. However I would certainly do worse than farting after seeing this mountain full of dragons.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

As for your upcoming mods, Im looking foward to them and I hope development goes well.

hippiecheese likes this.
  17. hippiecheese

That is alot of dragons! Seems like a place I'd just steer clear of. Don't get too excited about my mods though, my mods are not coming along fast. I am still learning , and I learn best by tinkering. Here, I turned the Jarl of Whiterun into a small bear with the voice of a little girl, but the Deadpool is not my creation, that's a mod I found in the Steam Workshop.

20160328030527_1.jpg

hatakesans likes this.
  18. hatakesans

He must find it unbearable lol

19. Gilligan Lanley

There's KIND of an unarmed thingy in vanilla with the unarmed damage enchant, and the Heavy Armour perk to add damage based on the armour rating of the heavy gloves you wear. I did a full playthrough of nothing but unarmed combat when I played it on the 360. Good days those were, face-fisting dragons and bears.

Lil' Mini and hatakesans like this.
  20. hatakesans

If I remember correctly it was The Gloves of the Pugilist enchant combined with the Fists of Steel perk from the heavy armor tree that made an unarmed build viable.