A tale of Dragons and Sweetrolls: The Skyrim thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by hatakesans, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Gilligan Lanley

Gilligan Lanley Space Kumquat

Guards are scripted to say certain lines at a %chance rate. The rate at which the line "I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee" was really high, and a lot of players got annoyed with it as almost every guard you ran pass fired that line at you. It was really noticeable in places where a lot of guards spawn at/around one place.

hatakesans likes this.
  2. hatakesans

hatakesans Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have 169 installed mods so far. I've been disappointed with how enemies weren't exactly dangerous any more so I found a mod called ASIS which makes enemies more dangerous and numerous at the same time. I had to fight off 4 dragons at once from the Deadly Dragons mod because of it! xD

Here is the aftermath of that battle.

[​IMG]

Gilligan Lanley and Corraidhín like this.
  3. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

I see... I missed it entirely because I had a "greeting distance" mod that required you to literally bump into NPCs for them to greet you.
    holy dang, I only fought 2 max. it was fun tho.... now I wanna fight 4

hatakesans and Gilligan Lanley like this.
  4. hatakesans

Thats why i got a mod to de-meme the town guards xD

Gilligan Lanley likes this.
  5. hatakesans

6. Gilligan Lanley

7. hatakesans

I use that too but unfortunately it disables all the phrases that trigger punishment. Except for Nazeem's, so every time I walk past him he flies to the Cloud District after saying his signature quote xD

8. Gilligan Lanley

This is something that I must witness.

9. hatakesans

Get that third mod on my list otherwise i might have a video on Youtube about it soon ;)

10. Gilligan Lanley

Chances are, you'll have that video up before I can test it myself, I need to redownload Skyrim. X3

11. hatakesans

I have the video recorded but its bit choppy. Im uploading it as we speak ;D

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  12. hatakesans

Here is the videofixed and reuploaded

Enjoy ;)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  13. Gilligan Lanley

That... is amazing :rofl:

hatakesans likes this.
  14. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

When I first heard it (as a part of The Age of Aggression in a video review), I thought it was "Southern Guard".

"When the Southern Guard beckons, every one of us dies."

Kind of made sense.

15. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Southern Guard... sounds kinda cool...

*creates guild in some cheap mmo*

16. Lil' Mini

Lil' Mini Phantasmal Quasar

Well, I mostly stay out of the civil war, but when I do join their battles I mostly end up among the Stormcloaks, probably due to that I always escape with Ralof. I mean, you can be an Altmer, and come from the Aldmeri Dominion for all what I know, but who gets you up on your feet? Ralof. Hadvar also gets to know your name but he still calls you a bloody prisoner.

Mostly I play as a typical hero. But sometimes even I lure a giant to the front gates of Whiterun to let him send a few guards to the deep ends of space from time to time, aswell as I pick my werewolf character in order to whack people about. I also do enjoy the shield charge perk. :viking:

17. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Well, good ol Hadvar only knows you as a prisoner, then quickly changes his tune as soon as you enter the keep. I honestly liked the Stormcloaks at first, before I actually played the game, then came to know them as the xenophobic, close-minded buffouns they actually are... dont have anything agaisnt nords themselves, its just the cloaks making them look bad.

Btw I never got any blocking skills but actually started a new character for the purpose of that perk xD is it good? I never noticed it existed until recently

Lil' Mini and Gilligan Lanley like this.
  18. Gilligan Lanley

It's always awesome to see someone launched into orbit, even if that person is me at level 15, free-roaming the plains and not notice the nearby giants as I'm fighting a dragon. Aaaah, good times.

Corraidhín likes this.
  19. Lil' Mini

Lil' Mini Phantasmal Quasar

I can agree that the majority of the Stormcloaks soldiers are close-minded indeed.

As for your Blocking question, I mostly use it the perk just for fun. But it's incredibly useful if you meet a high level bandit that you want to dispatch quickly, if said bandit is standing in a high spot (it doesn't even have to be that high) you can easily throw him down and he'll either die or take huge amounts of damage from the fall. You can even knock back bears with that perk.

Corraidhín and Gilligan Lanley like this.
  20. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

I literally did that on my first save WAY ago... I thought those videos on youtube were not true...

... how wrong I was