A Suggestion for the Guide

Discussion in 'Corporations Archive' started by Electroman, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Electroman

Electroman Big Damn Hero

I have something to say. I have found, in my list of running around on the corporation pages, that the pixel economy is really screwed up. For example:

One cup of coffee ~ 6 pixels
    One cheese burger ~ 10 pixels
    One ton of moon sugar (from playing TES III-V, roughly 4,000 doses) ~ 87 pixels
    250 grams of sugar ~ 12 pixels

There needs to be a Pixel Trade Commission to decide upon some basic values for pixels as compared to real-world items and currencies, so that everything makes sense.

DISCUSS!
    :proper:

Stargazer and Killer Snowman like this.
  2. I think trade commissions setting prices is unethical. IRL, commodity prices (in terms of international trade) are determined by commodity exchanges, which are pretty much securities markets.

Killer Snowman likes this.
  3. Electroman

Electroman Big Damn Hero

Maybe I am unclear. It wouldn't set prices, it would set guidelines. For example, it would say something like "1 United States Dollar is similar to 1 Pixel." That way, an eighth of a pound/ 1/4 of a kilogram of sugar would not be 120% the price of a cheeseburger. In my area, a cheeseburger from a restaurant is usually 400-500% the price of 5 pounds of sugar. If not setting pricing guidelines like my example, then something community run needs to set and update everyone on the supply and prices of various raw materials.

Some sort of method must be created for setting the value of a pixel.

zooey and Killer Snowman like this.
  4. Killer Snowman

Killer Snowman Pangalactic Porcupine

*Performs out of character dance*
    Gotta agree with zooey here. Pixel prices will set themselves. Free market baby.

For instance, I go to order a burger. They're charging 100 pixels. I'll tell them where to put that burger. In order for them to sell burgers, they'll have to lower their prices. Eventually, you'll see everything mesh. Ideally. That's the idea of a free market.

However, you're right, we need some sort of consistency. I couldn't agree more. The CEOs have been discussing this. We've also been discussing Happy Gilmore. Expect great things.

5. Stargazer

Stargazer Existential Complex

Well, we're going to figure out how valuable a pixel is when Starbound is released. I think we can wait 1-3 months.

6. Electroman

Electroman Big Damn Hero

I guess. I suppose I'm just impatient.