RP A ship lost in space

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by CondescendedWow, Feb 24, 2014.

1. CondescendedWow

CondescendedWow Supernova

First off, I would like you guys to show me your character below.

Secondly, this RP is pretty damn well explained through it's name being a ship lost in space. In this RP you play as a crew member in a giant ship named the S.S. Stardust had the engines brake and almost everything on the ship messed up, some areas gravity fields might be out of wack or etc, but the life support systems and lights still work. And in the depths of this massive ship you are to find out what happened and how to fix the problem. (Please don't rush and DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT make your character have any stupid "skills" that make him/her completely overpowered) My character will be a ship worker temporarily working for spare bits because he's recently out of work. Once we gather enough people that want in on this RP we will start, and once it has been started and strongly encourage that you find a clever or reasonable way that your character can join the RP if he/she was not in one the RP from the beginning. The S.S. Stardust is a paradise vessel that can transport over 2000 people, many were injured and some killed in the confusing but slowly drifting now it seems to be the safest part of the accident.
    (more will be added and explained later on in the RP if anyone joins that is)

I will post my characters information below, you should too along with asking for entry into the RP, I will most likely accept unless your character is breaking my sole character rule of having an overpowered skill or stupid skill. Ignore this ^ :whoop:

RULES:
    -Do not make an overpowered character
    -Do not rush the RP saying something like "Hey, guys look I just fixed the engines"
    -I can accept one swear or two, as long as it doesn't get out of hand or getting too hurtful
    -Stay on track (most of the time at least) don't constantly throw people off from RPing
    -Be polite... Unless you're speaking as your character and she/he is rude, just don't aim it towards the actual person
    -Science everything possible, if say a hole in the hull of the ship is breached then a large increase in gravity is in action and your character will most likely not be able to breath unless she/he doesn't breathe, is a non-organic being or single celled organism.

EDIT: Please do post the character sheets in the OOC thread of this RP, thank you. Also a picture of your character would be appreciated but if not then just give remotely strong description of what she/he looks like.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  2. CondescendedWow

Name: Torlax Thorns

Appearance: Average human height 5"7", weight: 180ilbs, blue banana peel leaf style and pale green skin. He has a relatively muscular build and dark dark brown eyes.

Race: Floran

Occupation: Galactic bounty hunter and on off-time alien big game hunter

Personal history: Torlax was born in a great city on a jungle planet that wasn't bothered to be named just given a number 365-0, on this planet flourished one the biggest but unknown Floran cities ever, low tech, but large. He lived in the slums and in poverty being constantly threatened to be stabbed by almost everyone he knew.
    Torlax wasn't the only one who didn't want to stab all the time though, so him and the others created a band of vigilantes to stop crime in the slums of this city. But that didn't turn out well
    because the gangs found that they had killed a couple of their members and decided to burn all of their houses, of course it took a lot of courage on the gangs part to do this (because fire)
    and after the job was done Torlax saw the fire from across the city, quickly the city guards arrived and placed the gangsters under arrest but Torlax's family was dead. And he left as soon as possible, when he came back he was greeted with ash and silt. It turned out that they didn't have a fire department and the fire quickly spread throughout the city, killing nearly everyone.
    After that, he waited and waited, regretting and promising to stop all crimes forever. And after about a year a ship landed and picked him up, ever since then he's been hunting down
    the worst criminals in the galaxy by using his Impervium knife and plasma pistols.

Hobbies: Messing with people, hunting, beating up criminals, hanging out with other races, examining super cool species' appearances and abilities and last but not least exploring the galaxy and basking in it's glory

Skills: An unbelievably experienced fighter in all aspects due to him living in the slums, Floran origin and lots of experience in general. He also is amazing at playing video games but almost never plays them because it takes away the beauty of the outside world.

Fears: Definitely fire, the darkness and living to see to many of his friends die.

Personality: Calm, easily angered but very tolerant unless force is needed. He has a mixed kind of personality which sometimes comes in handy. He is very smart but never shows it off unless he wants to screw with someone acting smart by showing them up. He is also very humorous and subtle.

3. CondescendedWow

I really like your character, the kinda character that tells you he's been non-stop for years and years and won't break anytime soon. I guess I need not say anything else though.

4. walrusman72

walrusman72 Phantasmal Quasar

Hey Paladin! Also, Quiteren, when are we going to start.

5. Paladin

Paladin Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah. Wondering about that too Quiteren. Are we going to wait for a set number of players, or just start role playing whenever? On another note, Is there anything bad about my character? I dont want him to be Overpowered, Mr.Perfect, or a Mary Sue. I'm pretty sure I avoided that, but still...

6. kymvros

kymvros Big Damn Hero

I applied in the OOC, but hi guys!

7. CondescendedWow

(okay guys I'll set the scene and maybe start off the dialogue btw if you have any quick questions that you're too lazy to go into the ooc thread with then just use brackets)

8. CondescendedWow

A smooth evening on the S.S. Stardust in galactic time. When unexpectedly a large crash and the ship is flipped forwards throwing many of the ships passengers into walls and as the ship slowly overturns, the lucky ones are to react quickly and duck in cover of something sturdy. Soon enough the ship is littered with debris and dead bodies, this was not a happy sail and it certainly wasn't expected, or was it?

9. CondescendedWow

(I'll announce when I'm setting a scene and when to change to dialogue too, using brackets) Ugh, lucky enough I grabbed onto this table that was bolted to the deck... Noo way, there's blood on my face! Blood smells funny though...

10. walrusman72

Steven slipped out from one of the heat blocks of the engine room. He felt the first lurch, and was lucky enough to be wedged in the engines. He slowly maneuvered himself out. He climbed his way up the stairs using his magnet boots. he knew that there would be dead, plenty dead. He slipped through a door, and scanned the room. He saw floran, engaging itself with sniffing it's own blood. He stood there for a few moments, just watching, before he ventured to speak. "excuse me? I know that blood is interesting, but ummmm, we should probably get a move on…". He had always been a little awkward around florans, considering the first time he met one it tried to kill him. ((by the way, we should probably use double brackets for OC posts, to not have much confusion))

11. CondescendedWow

((agreed)) Torlax noticed the robot proposing they move together but he didn't quite hear too much over the cries of his family inside of his head "No, no mommy, MOMMY RUN" Torlax in traumatic shock began to have twitches and/or jerks uncontrollably. But he came to his senses before he fell, he then agreed "Yes, we should go to a safer spot than here". ((He has trauma because his whole family burned to death :/ ))

12. walrusman72

((Oh…)) "I haven't been around this ship much, considering that I have been working within the engines for a long time…. Where do you think we should go?"

13. CondescendedWow

"I think we should head to the captains quarters to see if he knows anything that might've caused this, it's this way" Torlax points to a doorway that leads to a staircase to the upper levels of the ship.

14. kymvros

kymvros Big Damn Hero

"For crying out loud!" You hear someone pounding on a nearby wall. "Someone help, the door's jammed!"

15. CondescendedWow

"I think we should go help that person out" Torlax acts without thinking and kicks open the door shouting.

16. CondescendedWow

"HELLO CITIZEN THE SERVER IS HERE TO SAVE THE DAY" he sarcastically stated.

17. walrusman72

"Thats a serious dent you have made there, but i think you need to do it like this!" He punches the door, increase the previous dent made by the floran, just big enough for a man to squeeze through. ((Sorry, I've got to go to bed. You guys can post minor actions for me, like having me follow the group and such))

18. CondescendedWow

((Alrighty then, later and will do.))

19. kymvros

kymvros Big Damn Hero

"Why did that strange construct punch the door? It's already open..." A colorful Avian in a white cloak asks as he pokes his head out from behind a bed. "So, what happened? Meteor, bandits, catastrophic engine failure, or did the captain get drunk and try and steer the ship?"

20. CondescendedWow

"Ehh, that's a great question... Doc?" he trails off confused by the Avian's outfit "Yea that's what me and Clanky here are trying to figure out we're going to the Captains quarters" he paused "oh his name isn't actually Clanky, that's just his hilarious nickname that I made up"