1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue A rather unusual error

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by TeknoStyle555, Dec 6, 2020.

1. TeknoStyle555

TeknoStyle555 Void-Bound Voyager

As the name implies, I've been running into some notable setbacks when using mods. Most of them is likely breaking the warp system, of which I had to reset the universe to fix it momentarily. By that I mean fixing it that when I get to complete the Erchius Mining Facility mission, the teleporter at the end sends me back to the end-teleporter, basically my teleport making a U-turn on me.

A second issue is that when I open the anvil, no matter the tier, I access the weapons tab and it crashes. The same counts for the spinning wheel and its clothing tab. I have tried many ways to fix these issues but none of them seem to work. Can someone please help me with this?

Log-file included:
    https://pastebin.pl/view/57e0cf56

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

There are a lot of mod-related errors in the log. Since you're using quite a lot of very questionable mods I'd recommend contacting the mod authors on the specific platforms where you got that stuff.
    FYI: The questionable stuff has been known to break the game pretty often. I'd recommend removing these mods if you don't need these....."enhancements"...in your game.

3. TeknoStyle555

Well...for me, it's hard to find the culprit mods that cause it to break. I went through the log myself and I'm just not sure which ones are the cause for the game to break.

4. Iris Blanche

As i said, the questionable ones have been known to break the game for quite some time. They're mostly incompatible with workshop mods and they're often outdated too.
    Removing these mods and going only with the workshop ones should solve this problem. This however would mean that you have to start over. I highly recommend against the usage of such...explicit mods tbh. They tend to be incompatible a lot because barely anyone want their mods being compatible with that...stuff.

5. TeknoStyle555

Does that mean I have to delete all of the ones I didn't get from the workshop? I'm not really sure how to deal with this. If I am ticking you off about this, then sorry in advance. I'm not really that technical to begin with.

6. Iris Blanche

I would try that first, yes. :) It should most likely fix the problem you're encountering. ^-^

7. TeknoStyle555

Alright, thanks for all your help.^^

Iris Blanche likes this.