Modding Help A Quick Question on Weapon Modding

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by DerpyDooMan, Jun 1, 2018.

1. DerpyDooMan

DerpyDooMan Orbital Explorer

I have been mucking around with my own mod for a while and trying to figure it out on my own clearly isn't working.

My issue: I am creating a custom race and want to give them their own weapons and such and while I have been able to get one weapon (a broadsword) to work I can't get a second sword or any other weapon/item/ect to work properly. I know how to do recipes and the like but atm I just want the item in the game using admin codes for debugging and the like but while I have tried everything from copying weapons right from the assets folder to rewriting the entire .activeitem page watching for commas and the like I always get this error in the log...

[15:52:54.441] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[templategun, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'templategun'

it doesn't crash it just gives me a Perfectly Generic Item each and every time. I have looked for an updated fix to this but all the ones I could find didn't solve my issue.

The attached files are the full log from my spawning attempt and the .activeitem file I've been trying to get to work. I'm sure it's something stupid I'm overlooking so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Attached Files:

2. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

"itemName" : "placeholder",

That is the name that Starbound sees your weapon as. If your recipe puts down 'templategun', and the itemname is something else, then you get that error.

3. DerpyDooMan

DerpyDooMan Orbital Explorer

Yea that I know. That isn't my issue, however, unless you have to have the recipe for the item to exist. The problem is that I can't even use "/spawnitem placeholder" because while the files are all there the item apparently doesn't exist. I feel that was poor explaining in my original post. Sorry for the confusion.