1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed A question

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by nincek, Jun 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nincek

nincek Space Spelunker

First of all, before I start, I just want to say that this is an inquiry, not a rage-post if you find it as one.

I've been following Starbound and it's development for quite some time now (as most of the people here as well, I think), as well as lurking the forums (made an account recently to be able to post and discuss). The devs provided us with dates regarding the release and beta for I think 3 times now, and each time they've been delayed or canceled. Every thread regarding beta and release always gets locked in a matter of minutes, while no one even barely informs us about anything.

I'm not trying to sound biased, but I'm 100% sure that when you guys in the office talk about the game don't say "Well, the game will be released soon", and I'm pretty sure that you have at least a somewhat specific idea when the game, or at least beta are getting released.

I really respect you guys for making such an amazing game, and I can't wait to play it. I will buy it 100%, disregarding the release date, but I just want a general idea what to expect. I see that you guys are active at developing the game, and I'm glad for that.

Again, I do not want this to be found as a rage-thread or a type of thread that is like "OMG MAKE THE GAME NOW", but if you are allowed or able to discuss about the given topic, please do provide us with information.

2. 2013 is the official date. The last dates were ETAs "we're aiming for....". 2013 is the date that Devs CAN'T fail, not with the Pre-Orders Up stating that.

Far about delayed / cancelled, in that time, the development team decided something, to take this game to another level, to make it much better than what it was at the time, that's why they decided to delay the release, because they wanted to offer something better.

I believe most of the people here, after see all what they are doing in the game, agree that the decision to not release the game back in 2012, was a good one!
    The threads are locked because such things got said so many times in countless topics about this and end up in flame wars.

3. SLOW_oranges

SLOW_oranges Pangalactic Porcupine

I think the reasons why the devs aren't giving a specific release date is to create too much controversy and rage. There are far too many unexpected things that could potentially delay the project by a few months from their original estimate.

4. That's a bit of a stretch, but the reason why they get locked is, as said above, they usually just become an argument and a flame war.

While I could dig up several posts/tweets/reddit comments about it, I'll just grab a couple of excerpts from molly posted within the last couple of days:
    Moving on:
    2013. That's all they know. They have a roadmap and some idea of what they're working towards, but since stuff may take longer than anticipated, as well as unexpected delays (examples from yesterday's update being Tiy's internet being out and kyren having to fix her car on the side of the road for most of the day), they don't have a more specific date in mind.

Tiy also tweeted this back in March:

WoxandWarf likes this.
  5. Exactly what Ordona said, but I'd also like to add that...we don't have an office! :p
    We do use Google Hangouts on weekdays as a sort of virtual office, but we all live in different parts of the world right now and most of us will until after the release of the game.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  6. It means you will try to have an office after launch and move houses? Hmmm i can apply for work there, i can be the janitor that eats the cookies while nobody is watching!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.