Modding Discussion A place to discuss map editing and other related stuff

Discussion in 'Mods' started by QuantumConcious, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

You can adjust ambient lighting in map properties, check FarmCave for an example.

• Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

I think its [layer name] [x pos] [y pos] [light amount] and maybe the lower the number, the more light. DayTiles property has the third number as 15, 27, 51, 63 on the map I'm looking at, while NightTiles ones are 144, 156,53 and 65.

• Jinxiewinxie

Here's the map properties for FarmCave if you don't feel like loading it up Boffo:

[​IMG]

I don't know what the numbers do, you could try making them bigger and smaller to see which way adds more lighting ^_^

• BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

So
          Code:
          Front 2 1 256 Front 2 2 288 Front 22 1 256 Front 22 2 288 Front 20 13 256 Front 20 14 288 Front 3 14 469 Front 3 15 501

Front 2 1 1253 Front 2 2 1285 Front 22 1 1253 Front 22 2 1254 Front 20 13 1253 Front 20 14 1285 Front 3 14 1219 Front 3 15 1251

Day then night

• Jinxiewinxie

Just do what Advize said, sounds much easier than trying to add a million different numbers and guessing at what they do =P

• BoffoBoy

90 90 means 0 0 to 90 90?

Thing is I do not really want to mess up the lighting on my host map...

Is there a way to just give a range in a box like from 30,30 to 400,400?

Like if I could restrict the light form 25,25 to the rest of the map

I see, the light in the front room where George is is all wonky...
              [​IMG]

Ok this is Ambient light 400 400 30 and no, just no, the rooms I want to light are still pitch black..

https://gyazo.com/03f059bfb4f2ad142ea2e5f2127d16f9

This is ambient light 30 400 400 ... lol redlight district. rooms I still want to light are dark
              https://gyazo.com/b642c60a2a31116085b754d57ef1326e

I think I'm gonna just blanket spam the light in paths. like a checker board pattern I will just copy paste into a giant rectangle... I like how they perform in the alcoves.

Just to vent..... Deleting custom property lines is not that hard to do tIDE you cranky pos.

Thank goodness for EZ Node, saves so much hassle.

Btw I was wrong, those rooms are NOT too big for brute force cut and paste path lighting... I stand humbled.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
                Jinxiewinxie likes this.
              • BoffoBoy

Turns out there appears to be a limit on how large a map you can make and after that all bets are off.... like well over 200 x 150ish y <looks innocent>

I moved rooms around (lovely tIDE cannot cut though layers...) painstakingly and got them all about within 200 x and 100 y with a bit of fat around the bottom and everything was well lit.

I know, I know, only I would find this sort of issue out but hey, I love me my large working areas!

• Jinxiewinxie

Hey, you found a new limit! ^_^ tIDE is so ridiculous. To move my stuff around I have to copy and paste the tiles in each layer from one position to the other. For each layer. Its ridiculous. Also beyond me that you can't copy and paste between different map files themselves. =(

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Keep in mind that 200x100 is 20,000 tiles. Were the limitations in tIDE itself, or the game engine?

• BoffoBoy

ok this is super secret only the hardcore would read this drivel (on my part I mean) seriously... I need to figure out what to do with the always back layer not working so those are the dark pits around ... whatevers are temp as is the interior decor (My art director is not feeling well, this might take some time) but!!!!!!

so walk out to bus stop and, whoa there mate, you just walked past it, that sign post right by entrance, click it!

everything is a click warp other than the pentagram which is a walk over

• Jinxiewinxie

Hmm, my bus stop .xnb doesn't appear to be changed. Did you .zip the right one?

EDIT: Nevermind! I missed the sign completely, blended in with the fence ^_^

• BoffoBoy

• Jinxiewinxie

Hmm, so I noticed the carpets around the hatches were all really dark. I moved the carpet to the buildings layer and then moved the wood edging to the front layer and it looked better:

[​IMG]

I edited the purple room (only a little, I'm lazy) and you can see what it looked like before on the right hand side bc that room has the black rug still.

Maybe to fix your lighting you just need to mess with the layers a bit more. Also, the rooms you can teleport to are HUGE! So much space for activities =P

• BoffoBoy

yeah decor needs an overhaul... that framing needs to go because well only one back layer... gonna play with the lighting too.

This is the first time everything has worked so yeah needs work inside.

I added an always back layer that had the wall paper but the game does not like always back.... the framing was to provide a border, can you click still if that frame is in building layer?

Figure non one else needs as much space so room to grow. if people need more I can double it with another map hehe

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
                            • Jinxiewinxie

The one I edited had issues with even being able to walk past the border, let alone access the hatch. But I think you can figure it out if you just mess with your layers more or maybe remove the border so it doesn't mess with your carpet's lighting.

• BoffoBoy

seems if you remove all light pathing the room pretty light.

nevermind I see what I did, never pasted the wall paper on the back layer and old framing was there still..

https://gyazo.com/87808e6c6b1643ddaeccb6c97e3ec504

looks bad.

https://gyazo.com/0e5810f4aa1dcf3385f7fa36a7fdf799

too barren

https://gyazo.com/297d9d9a1359743718b9743091246442

more room for clutter that way.

the framing wasn;t the reason the carpet was not there, I made another layer behind back for complex flooring but the game doesn't approve, that's why it was black.

https://gyazo.com/ecf8ab9cb03d776e458b3eb875dc7e99

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
                                • Zelnite

Zelnite Big Damn Hero

Woot thanks jinxie for the quick guide for xnb tiles xD

[​IMG]

• BoffoBoy

did you try the file uptop?

keep in mind that is the first time I got inside, the decor will change due to the game not likeing layers below back.

head to bus stop and see that sign you just passed? click it!

Oh and please feel free to Chime in for another back layer
                                    http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/always-back.112390/

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
                                    • Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Custom Action tile properties can now be done, but you'll need to use SMAPI and make a mod in order to provide code to execute when the tile is right clicked. In the case of Jinxiewinxie wanting to change the text on her Wizard Shrine thing, this is the code. This doesn't yet implement gamepad support, but honestly that part takes like 30 seconds and there is a SMAPI event for it as well. All of the code currently in the MouseChanged event could be moved to a new method and have both the gamepad event and mouse event call the method so the code isn't written out twice.

Code:
                                      public override void Entry(params object[] objects)
                                      {
                                          ControlEvents.MouseChanged += Events_MouseChanged;
                                      }

static void Events_MouseChanged(object sender, EventArgsMouseStateChanged e)
                                      {
                                          if (!Game1.hasLoadedGame) return;
                                          if (e.NewState.RightButton == ButtonState.Pressed && e.PriorState.RightButton != ButtonState.Pressed)
                                          {
                                              if (!Game1.player.UsingTool && !Game1.pickingTool && !Game1.menuUp && (!Game1.eventUp || Game1.currentLocation.currentEvent.playerControlSequence) && !Game1.nameSelectUp && Game1.numberOfSelectedItems == -1 && !Game1.fadeToBlack)
                                              {
                                                  Vector2 grabTile = new Vector2((float)(Game1.getOldMouseX() + Game1.viewport.X), (float)(Game1.getOldMouseY() + Game1.viewport.Y)) / (float)Game1.tileSize;
                                                  if (Utility.tileWithinRadiusOfPlayer((int)grabTile.X, (int)grabTile.Y, 1, Game1.player))
                                                  {
                                                      xTile.Tiles.Tile tile = Game1.currentLocation.map.GetLayer("Buildings").PickTile(new Location((int)grabTile.X * Game1.tileSize, (int)grabTile.Y * Game1.tileSize), Game1.viewport.Size);
                                                      xTile.ObjectModel.PropertyValue propertyValue = null;
                                                      if (tile != null)
                                                      {
                                                          tile.Properties.TryGetValue("Action", out propertyValue);
                                                      }
                                                      if (propertyValue != null)
                                                      {
                                                          if (propertyValue == "WizardShrine") // Change this to whatever you put in your action tile property
                                                          {
                                                              Game1.currentLocation.createQuestionDialogue("           The Shrine Of Illusions  ^Make an offering of 500g to change your appearance?", new string[]
                                                              {
                                                                  "Yes",
                                                                  "No"
                                                              }, "WizardShrine");
                                                              //Change the above shit as necessary.
                                                          }
                                                      }
                                                  }
                                              }
                                          }
                                      }

Edit: Scratch that, I just tested that particular code and it immediately closed the game. I stripped it down a bit and it works, going to find out why it caused the game to crash and report back.

BoffoBoy likes this.
                                      • Jinxiewinxie

I wasn't able to build because it didn't like ButtonState or Location. Is there a specific "using BlahBlah" I should add you think?

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.