Modding Discussion A place to discuss map editing and other related stuff

Discussion in 'Mods' started by QuantumConcious, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Joejoe2105

Joejoe2105 Poptop Tamer

Check the buildings layer odds are there are some invisible tiles... Erase them and enjoy your pondless farm :)

Aresd25 likes this.
    • Aresd25

Aresd25 Void-Bound Voyager

wow I feel silly now that was the issue Thanks joe

Joejoe2105 likes this.
      • Joejoe2105

Joejoe2105 Poptop Tamer

Glad I could help. Love this game

Aresd25 likes this.
        • rinbabo

rinbabo Void-Bound Voyager

Hi I need help ,I try edit the farmhouse ,but it not show up on my game .I already pack with xnb node too and copas to my game but still not show up :( Help please 1517155565262.png 1517155562906.png

Attached Files:

• Lorekiss

Lorekiss Tentacle Wrangler

I haven't gotten that far so I can't be too much help but maybe this video has information you might need?

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@rinbabo There are several farmhouse files:
              1. FarmHouse.xnb = the starting house.
              2. FarmHouse1.xnb = the first upgrade.
              3. FarmHouse1_marriage.xnb = the first upgrade when you're married.
              4. FarmHouse2.xnb = the second and subsequent upgrades.
              5. FarmHouse2_marriage.xnb = the second and subsequent upgrades when you're married.
              Make sure you meet the requirements for and edit the right one. If you just want the same farmhouse always, copy over your file 5 times and rename each one as listed above.

• Lorekiss

Lorekiss Tentacle Wrangler

Is there a way in tIDE to recenter the map? I needed to make my map bigger and the only way I could was by expanding the pixel length. However when I did that the map recentered... I don't want to have to go through every other map that has warps to my farm so is there an easy fix to this or am I going to have to edit every other map?

• Rauchschwalbe

Rauchschwalbe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi, I want to change the look of the stardrop saloon. Till now I only edited the xnb.-files to change the looks of some things (like the bath house). But I only find the tiles of the Saloon in the towninterior.xnb. And it contains ALL interiors.
                  Is there no other way to edit the stardrop saloon only?

• BritneyMc0206

BritneyMc0206 Void-Bound Voyager

Hello. I haven't noticed any explanations in either the guide here or the videos about how some maps don't have png files. The files I get when following these directions are yaml & tbin. I try to open the tbin with tIDE but I get an error. I found on another post that said
                    You need to release paths.xbn in tilesets. Every map has a set of dependencies that bring tile assets to it so to properly display the map (e.g. farm); the error is telling you it needs a few other tile sets unpacked.

When first opening a map (provided you are not unpacking a complete contents directory) you unpack and see what the map wants via that error then unpack that file and repeat the unpacking of tile sets until it stops moaning. You can add in more tile set dependancies with tIDE if there are tiles you really want to add, but they are in another xbn. A good example would be if you wanted to replace all those ponds on the farm with the tub of water that's in the Greenhouse, that asset is hiding in towninterior.xbn

Edit less wall of text and other pedantic mandates.

but the only thing I understand (probably because I'm stuck on this part) is something about finding what the error's talking about, but the only thing the error tells me is it's going to a paths.png, but the files don't have a png?

Attached Files: