Modding Discussion A place to discuss map editing and other related stuff

Discussion in 'Mods' started by QuantumConcious, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Hey everyone, I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, but I've been trying to edit the spouses Room yet, when I unpack the .xnb file, there is no .png file, only a .yaml and a .tbin file.
    I'm not doted in coding, so I apologise if the answer to this is fairly easy. From what I can gather, I need a .png to edit the file, correct?

• AngryCat

AngryCat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes; if you go to open the .tbin, it'll tell you which ones it wants - in the form of an "error, missing ___"

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Okay, so how do I get the spouses Room .png file???

• sivolobwho

sivolobwho Phantasmal Quasar

There is no spouseRooms.png file. When you unpack it there will be a spouseRooms.yaml and spouseRooms.tbin. The .tbin file is what you will need to change to edit the map itself if that is what you want to do. You will need tIDE for this. However, if you only want to edit tiles, you can directly edit the townInterior.png file. I would be careful with this however, as many of the tiles used in townInterior.png are used in various other places in the game, so changing it specifically for the spouse rooms may cause unwanted changes in the rest of the game's maps. I recommend using tIDE to edit the spouseRooms.tbin file directly, then save and repack it and add it to your game.

Karmylla likes this.
          • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Thank you so much, your answer was very informative!!!!

• Yaviel

Yaviel Void-Bound Voyager

As usual, apologies if this has been asked before. I saw a mod some days ago that would allow me to use green tiles on the forest map (I just want to have some grass starter on the grass tiles is all!). Can't seem to find it anymore though. If someone has seen a mod like that and could link it to me, would be much appreciated! :D

• AngryCat

Hmm, not sure if any of these may be what you're thinking of, but here's what I can think of offhand;
                Minnue's Hilltop-Forest (Foraging Map Edit)
                or an edit I did on request of one of my Drier Mods maps, found here

• Cerebro

Cerebro Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi everyone. Small question regarding the interior of the farm house: I fiddled a bit in tide and moved the fireplace from the kitchen back to the bedroom (second house upgrade). To make it look better in regards to placing, I also moved the bed 2 tiles to the left. Everything seems to work, however, although the moved fireplace does work as intended and can be lit and unlit, I also have it's fire in the kitchen - so it looks like the counter is burning. ^^ I can get rid of it by switching the fireplace on and off, leaving the house and go back inside, but if I keep the fire lit and go to sleep, the kitchen is burning again the next morning.

I did my tests with an old, formely unmodded savegame. Could that be the problem? Some conflict with old file states or something that would go away if I start fresh? Or is the location of the fire animation hardcoded into the map and will always appear in this location?

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

^I'm sure you've already checked, but yes, the game checks your house upgrade level and then sets the fireplace action tile.

• Cerebro

Cerebro Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I thought so. :(

It's a shame. The fireplace in the kitchen is so out of place for me - and it's position doesn't match up with the chimney on outside of the farm house. Really wish it could be replaced without setting the kitchen on fire...

• AngryCat

Consolation prize

MoonlitBrenya likes this.
                        • BinaryDelusions

BinaryDelusions Void-Bound Voyager

Edit: I think I figured out my issue with Day/Night tiles, but I'm still confused about why certain areas will show stumps/logs/large boulders and others, like Pelican Town won't when I set them up. I don't want them to pop up constantly like they do in the Secret Woods, just once. Are these maps just hardcoded to not have these things or do I need to alter their custom properties? If so, how do I do it?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
                          • RendHeaven

RendHeaven Void-Bound Voyager

How do I remove bushes from hilltop farm?

When I load the map "farming_mining.xnb", the bush flesh appeat.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

If this is on all saves, you need to edit the Paths layer, if this is only on pre-existing saves, you need to use a save editor as those objects are saved to your save file.

Shuunsei likes this.
                              • JOHNKRELL007

JOHNKRELL007 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is most likely a question for Entoarox, if I use ALLshift and warp in the same tile will it make it override with ALLshift, and warp if it isn't installed?
                                Will it work without the map being in mod form with ALL?

EDIT: And what do all these properties for the farm map do? Fish? and why are the warps here instead of glued to the tiles?

EDIT2: How would I go about making an intractable tile that acts like a tv or something?

EDIT3: How do buildings work? They look wierd on tIDE, what do I do to move them?

EDIT4: What's this grey wall like thing on the side of the map?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
                                • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I recommend you use Warp if possible, shifting is a work-around I created so you can teleport within dynamic locations, as Warp does not allow that.

No clue why warps are handled the way they are, CA just chose to go this route for some reason.

That is far beyond the abilities of map editing, while SMAPI modding can let you hook into the existing TV's and mess with them, and even create a new tv-like action, it is a very specific use so nobody has ever really gotten around to doing so.

• JOHNKRELL007

Just refreshed, I saw something about object? event triggers and thought maybe I could bind that to a tile.

And I was thinking I could make ziplines around my farm with the shifting since warping within the same map apparently messes with the lighting, is that still the case? (Could object triggered warps avoid this?)

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Shifting is internally just a warp within the same location, so lighting issues happen just the same.
                                      EntoaroxFramework though, fixes the lighting issues as part of the GamePatcher module, so if EntoaroxFramework is installed lighting glitches will be fixed automatically.

• JOHNKRELL007

Thanks, BTW can anyone answer my last 2 edits, I made them before I noticed I was responded to, and can the farm map be expanded, because that grey wall looks like I can't build over.

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

1. What buildings, specifically? Farm Building-placement is handled in-game via code, and the co-ords are stored in your save.
                                          2. Any map can be expanded, within limits. This is covered in the OP.
                                          3. That 'grey wall' is just the remainder of the canvas that's not covered by whatever map you have loaded in tIDE.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.