WIP A Place for Dusty the Dog

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Starbeak87, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Starbeak87

Starbeak87 Phantasmal Quasar

Have you ever wondered about the dog pen in Pelican Town? It's home to a quite and seldom seen resident of the Town, Dusty the Dog. And yeah, his home looks to be a wooden crate. I know the town is supposed to be a little run down. But really?
    QueerTactics and Minakie encouraged me to start this mod.
    For now, it it is a map mod that expands Dusty's pen, and builds him a slightly rundown little home.
    In the future, I might try my hand at a re-texture of his crate, so as to not get in the way of other map mods.
    I will most likely keep dusty in mind, should I ever get around to a more expansive Town mod.

Features:
    • Increased Dusty's yard from 5x5 to 7x7
    • Turned Dusty's crate into a proper doghouse.
    • Added a water dish, and changed his food dish.
    • Added a bush. Because, ya'know...
    Updated to v1.0.1
    • Changed the roofing tiles so that the boards on the front match better.
    • moved the sign to the left and added the original rock back

A place for Dusy 01.jpg A place for Dusy 02.jpg

Yes, I am aware that the texture selections still look clunky. Work with it.
    I'm REALLY unsure what that's supposed to be a bowl OF. But it does change with the seasons, so that's cool.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    • Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

nice good job

Starbeak87 likes this.
      • queertactics

queertactics Subatomic Cosmonaut

tbh this is all a dog could ask for, the little dude is gonna be so stoked
        the house really fits the aesthetic of the game, too!!

Starbeak87 likes this.
        • Starbeak87

The one on the farm is basically the same as Dusty's. Maybe Robin did them from a stock blueprint, LOL.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Omg I can't believe my eyes! Can't wait to have a chance to try out this mod. <3

Edit:
            The lines on the center of the house are 1 pixel higher than they should. Also, the Dog sign is cutting my head off:

[​IMG]

And, sadly, this is not compatible with the VIP mod, 'cause this happens:

[​IMG]
            I need to check the VIP mod again carefully and decide whether or not I want to keep it.

And it looks weird for me since I already have a food/water bowl so now my Dusty has 2 food bowls xD
            Would it be possible to replace the food bowl on the bottom with a bone or a toy, as an optional version?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
            • Starbeak87

As I am using pre-existing tiles for this, that's not altogether fixable. But I've changed them, so perhaps it's a little better now.

There was originally a rock in front of the sign. For some reason, I didn't realize why it was there. I've fixed that.
              old dog pen.png new dog pen.png

Yes, I know the lower right side of the doghouse still doesn't quite line up... Can't fix that without a re-texture.

Interesting... I have no idea what's causing that. Though, I also don't know what the VIP mod is.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Haha, I was gonna add a link to it but I forgot. Ooops! xD

• Starbeak87

Oh yeah! I've seen that... I assume the location loader aspect of it, is why the fence is getting screwed up.

[edit]
                  Also, did those updates work out for you? ya'know, except the VIP thing.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I have no clue because I'm at work right now. I will test them and let you know once I get home (which should be in about 9-10h from now).

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

[​IMG]
                      The lines on the house are aligned now and re-adding the rock solved the issue with me losing my head. xD
                      The house needs to be 2-3 pixels wider on each side though.

How do we get rid of the old cardboard box look though? I'm assuming we'll have to edit the .png files in our game?
                      That white line is worrying me.

• Starbeak87

Using existing tiles... can't do any better atm.
                        And there you have it. I'll have to edit all season tile sheets to include the edited front. At which point, I'll likely add a formal doghouse tile set.

Glad it's working as is. :cool: