A notebook!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by b0wser, Oct 4, 2016.

1. b0wser

b0wser Space Hobo

Was just thinking that it would be neat to have a little notebook function to keep track of various bits of information. Like things you learn about people pertaining to what they love/like/hate, a personal information dossier, and quick reference to things like business hours of operation and crop/harvest cycles. Could also have user-entered information for whatever we want a small note of.

Tamorr likes this.
    • Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Heh, yeah...I think I suggested something like this once upon a time myself, as did others.

Basically have it fill out the information on people as you LEARN IT, and you can also learn their schedules by 'running into them' during certain days/times of the year. Like...say...for Haley, when she's doing photography by the river. If you run into her there when she's doing that, it would register the time period that she's doing that there, what day, season, etc.

Having something to keep track of the actual harvest cycle of crops would be nice, but that's secondary imo. I'd love to have a notebook that keeps track of various bits of information like that, though.

Especially if it gives details about items you make/find/fish/harvest when you do so. Including the selling prices and whatnot, if you sell them. ^^

• jacknurse

jacknurse Void-Bound Voyager

A bit like the bomber's notebook from Majora's Mask, then?

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I would just like to have an in-game notepad that I could write on that acts just like MS Notepad.

Yeah I know you can play windowed or borderless window, but it'd be nice if you could create, say, a bullet list that is displayable in-game of things you intended to do that day.

Can't count the number of times I was like "uhhh... what was I gonna do?" esp if I get called AFK in the middle of a day, I get back like 10min later and I'm like "I honestly cannot remember why I was waiting for 6PM...."

Then the next day I might go "d'oh, I forgot, I was gonna _____.".

Tamorr likes this.
          • Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Hahahaha, yeah. Especially if you have to come back a day or two later instead. You're like: Wait...what was I going to do again?

It's not such a problem early on, but after the first season or so you really start planning out your days, heh.

• FickleRhubarb

FickleRhubarb Subatomic Cosmonaut

I would like to be able to tear off sheets and put them in chests so I can make notes about what's in the chests. ("The gold star cauli is for the festival. The Gold Horseradish is for Krobus. The Pumpkin is for X or Y.")