REQUEST A more... wilderness-like Wilderness farm?+A farm cave edit or two

Discussion in 'Mods' started by SpringsSong, Oct 22, 2016.

1. SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

So, I've seen a few edits here and there for the standard and forest farms that replace the tillable dirt with grass that functions as the dirt. I'd like something similar for the wilderness farm map, if somebody would be willing to do that.

The only other thing I'd love to see would be to add a little bit of sparse foliage to the farm cave, especially since mine is set up for the fruit bats, and maybe a little bit bigger, too. o3o

Cemo, AngryCat and dollbae like this.
    • AngryCat

AngryCat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Have you gotten any responses to this request?

• SpringsSong

Nope, no responses yet, sadly.

• AngryCat

upload_2016-10-30_22-33-9.png

Here is the green wilderness map; I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the cave so I can't help you with it at this time.
          Especially the idea of expanding it, I am only just starting to experiment with that aspect.
          I zipped the file to be able to upload it (I do a lot of map edits so just uploading the xnb would eventually get confusing). Just download the zip from here, then unzip it and replace your Farm_Combat.xnb with the altered one. Let me know if you have any problems with it, and I'll address them as quickly as I can for you - unfortunately, I really need to get to bed, I have an early class tomorrow.

• SpringsSong

Ahh you are wonderful, @AngryCat >w< I'll give it a test first thing in the morning; I've been chasing my two daughters around since they woke up from their naps :rofl:;

AngryCat likes this.
            • SpringsSong

Sorry to double-post and double-ping you, @AngryCat, but I took a few minutes to poke about the map to see if everything worked. I could till the grass, but the areas around the cliffs and pond (and the greenhouse, I think) feel a bit... sharp right now? That aside, it looks wonderful and I can't thank you enough for doing this edit~

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

As for the modded farmcaves, the ones I know of are this one and this one (which I am currently using), but there might be more out there.

• AngryCat

• SpringsSong

Thank you~ but, the bottom portion of the lake is still a bit wonky. o3o

• monteso

monteso Big Damn Hero

Rosalie likes this.
                  • SpringsSong

@monteso

I actually took a look at your farm cave before, and I rather liked it--but I have a different map recolor (one of eemie's), and while it looked like the map recolor when I opened it in tIDE to see what it looked like, when I actually went into it, it reverted to the vanilla colors. o3o

• monteso

monteso Big Damn Hero

If your recolor mod change the outdoor tilesheets. Then you should install my mod first then eemie's and let it overwrite my files. If your only using my cave then all you actually need is my custom tilesheet. My outdoor tilesheet are only needed for my farm maps edits.

• AngryCat

*chomps on tIDE for not saving that correctly* Take three...

Minakie likes this.
                        • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I am so not trying to mess with maps ever. xD

• SpringsSong

@AngryCat Thank you very much~ it looks wonderful now. >w<

@monteso I really don't know what to say--I put in your FarmCave file in Content/Maps, and your zcustomsheet in Content/, and then I put in eemie's recolored sheets, but there's still a difference:

Outside of the cave, using eemie's "Just another map recolor" from the Nexus

Inside the cave

AngryCat likes this.