REQUEST A monster retexture mod please!

Discussion in 'Mods' started by korbawest, Apr 7, 2016.

1. korbawest

korbawest Void-Bound Voyager

I found some monsters in the mine and skull cavern really disgusting and terrifying. can someone please make a cuter version monster mod ? that would be really helpful !

• Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

Out of curiosity, which ones did you find offensive?

• korbawest

Serpents in the skull cavern, grubs and flying bugs in the mine . It's such a great game and I don't want to quit just because of the monsters. So please someone make retexture:3

• Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

Goodness, I never thought someone would be so bothered. Well, it's a really fun game, so I don't mind making some quick retextures.

For the grubs, how about some cute caterpillars? Butterflies for the flying bugs and I could recolor the serpents and make them look more friendly perhaps.

• korbawest

i would be really grateful if you could make the grubs and serpents some cute rabbits or some animals cause I'm really afraid of bugs.:cry: and Butterfly is cool for me.

Really appreciate vixxi!<3<3<3

• Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

Okay, here is what I have for the "grub". I tried to make it look like a fuzzy caterpillar. It still goes in a cocoon, but the colors fit more to real life. I'll also edit the weird moth thingy to look like a pretty butterfly or maybe dragonfly.

Edit. Whoops! Didn't see your latest post. Hmm, I'm not sure how to edit the grub considering it turns into a fly.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
              • TheCatUnderTheSink

TheCatUnderTheSink Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Here's a silly idea: turn it into a bunny, then have it "transform" by putting on a jetpack. Jetpack bunny attack!

XaviiKinz likes this.
                • Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

Not a bad idea! I was really struggling trying to make them work. It would explain the speed and the sound too.

http://community.playstarbound.com/...lacements-butterflies-jetpack-bunnies.113043/ Link to my new thread that has the edits!

All I need to do now is the serpent. If you have any ideas for flying replacements. I was thinking a bearded dragon, from spirited away or a Chinese one

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
                  • zcsnightmare

zcsnightmare Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's... That's more terrifying than vanilla monsters D: reminds me of that South Park episode: A Woodland Critter Christmas

Need to retexture and rename the bombs to the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch for those foul tempered rodents!

Vixxi and XaviiKinz like this.
                    • Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

Alright, all done and posted for download on my thread!

I made two colors, fire and ice themed.

Fire dragon.png Ice dragon.png

• korbawest

Thanks so much Vixxi and thecatunderthesink ! I love love love the jet pack rabbit and the bearded dragon!<3<3:love: